Will a British plug charge a USA 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Xbox, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Xbox
    OP

Xbox Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2016
    Hi,

I'm planning on getting a 3DS XL shipped to me from America. Will the British 3DS plug charge the 3DS? Because America obviously uses different plugs.

Also, if anyone has any information I should know about using a USA 3DS in Europe, let me know. I am aware of the region locking on game cards.

Will I be able to access the e-shop/browser?

2. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    Everything should work just fine, I think. I don't know if you're able to use European eShop cards with the American eShop though.

Xbox likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes, that's the whole purpose of replaceable external power supplies :)

Actually, despite the label claiming to being single voltage, I have successfully used the continental-european charger in Japan without any trouble, but I don't know if the opposite is true (most likely yes in the interest of cost saving, but do try this outdoors and without connecting your console...)

A problem trivially bypassable on most CFWs :)

Do note that, depending on the individual game, online and/or local multiplayer may be possible or impossible across regions of the same game

Yes, the American-region eShop that is!
    (which doesn't take prepaid cards from other regions, and if you set your country to USA neither most non-USA credit cards)

The browser of course doesn't care about where you are, although the titles are different between regions

Xbox likes this.
  4. Anime__knight

Anime__knight Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I think charging should be fine (even if it doesn't online sellers have a few on there) however it will not be able to play european game carts because reigon locking, you'd need to have cfw to run those. You should be able to run the browser fine but I think it'll be the american eshop. It would be better to just buy a european one so there are no risks really.

5. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Yes, a UK charger will work, I have a JP N3DS.

Xbox likes this.