Will a 8bitdo wired controller work on wii homebrew?

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not talking nintendont, I am talking emulators. 8bitdo has modes it can function under like Dinput or Xinput,ETC. I would really like to play on a wired controller on wii homebrew if it's possible. Thanks for reading my question.

batboil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
it depends on what kind of emulator it is. in order for other controllers to work besides the wii remote, it is necessary to code the controller driver into the emulator itself, because the wii itself does not support such controllers. I'm not into emulators, so I don't know if there are any other than Nintendont. if it exists, it will probably be written on the homepage of the emulator you are using.

EDIT: found this gbatemp thread about 3rd party classic controller working on FCE Ultra GX so if that controller used xinput you might get 8bitdo working. just try plug it in and see if it works, you have nothing to lose.

thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fce-ultra-gx-nes-classic-controller-support.457917/

Last edited by batboil,

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends on what kind of emulator it is. in order for other controllers to work besides the wii remote, it is necessary to code the controller driver into the emulator itself, because the wii itself does not support such controllers. I'm not into emulators, so I don't know if there are any other than Nintendont. if it exists, it will probably be written on the homepage of the emulator you are using.

EDIT: found this gbatemp thread about 3rd party classic controller working on FCE Ultra GX so if that controller used xinput you might get 8bitdo working. just try plug it in and see if it works, you have nothing to lose.

thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fce-ultra-gx-nes-classic-controller-support.457917/
Thanks. I hope emulators can get updated in this way. Using wiimotes and dealing with batteries or battery packs gets tire some over time. Would just like to plug in a controller on the wii and do some retro gaming.

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: StupidGamer1

Alxandr13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess (and it's only a guess for Wii since i don't remember to have done it there, but on Wii U i'm pretty sure) some emulators share the same HID ".ini" files from Nintendont or has their own files in their respective folders where you can set your own HID compatible device to work with that homebrew through some file tweaking with the help of a Wii homebrew, a PC simple "notepad" like app (preferably) and, the hard part of all this requiriments, pen and paper...

I never knew about this adapter the other guy mentioned before, but after a quick search, for the price tag of it - relying you already have an official Classic Controller at hand, or you'll spen a lot more or could have some headaches with generics), an 8BitDo should be a superbly fine option for the same or lower final value (i myself have a couple here for PC and Switch use and can say, they don't loose in nothing for the MS and Sony ones and are even better than the official Nintendo (WiiU apart) ones if you forget about some rumble features).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...