Will a 2DS be guaranteed below firmware 10.7?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by theasker, Sep 28, 2016.

1. theasker
    OP

theasker GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2009
    Hello guys my apologize if I bring up the whole 2DS thing again (yea I know, get a 3DS or something better) :P
    But I honestly like the 2DS, and it has nothing to do with it being cheap (I think).

Anyway I posted a thread a couple of days ago about me pre-ordering a 2DS with the new Pokemon Sun bundle.. But after thinking about it I don't it's worth it, since it might be the latest version :/

So I I'm going to buy the 2DS with the new Super Mario bros 2 bundle from Amazon here is the link:
    2DS bundle
    (If I'm not allowed to link it, I apologize and I will remove the link)

Sooo have any of you guys purchased the 2DS from there?
    From what I can read this 2DS was released 24 October 2014, and I also checked the firmware update history from Nintendos website..
    The firmware version for 9.2.0 released 29 October (5 days after the release of the bundle Amazon have and wrote) do you think it's a go?
    Should I buy it? :D

All the 2DSs (if I can write it that way) is not available in my country anymore.. Except the used one.. But I rather buy a new instead.

2. civickm

civickm Rocky Mountain IT Guy

Dec 31, 2008
    United States
    Mile "High" City
    A co-worker just picked one up the other day at walmart and it was under 9.2 if I recalled, I didn't really pay attention once I started the process on it. I don't know if any other ones will be like that.

3. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Just stay away from newer bundles and used ones and you should be safe. All 2ds's that were not part of recent bundles should be below 10.5

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w, Sep 28, 2016
  4. theasker
    OP

theasker GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2009
    Is it the same bundle as this one? :D

So this is considered safe right?
    :(
    It's impossible for me to return it since I don't like in the UK.

5. civickm

Dec 31, 2008
    United States
    Mile "High" City
    No it was the Mario Kart one :(

6. theasker
    OP

theasker GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2009
    Hmm.. Actually there is a Mario Kart 7 bundle in Amazon.co.uk, that costs the same: Here is the link

However the release date (according to Amazon) is 5 februari 2015... I'm afraid that i might be screwed if i got this one instead of the New Super Mario bros 2 bundle.. :(

7. civickm

Dec 31, 2008
    United States
    Mile "High" City
    Hmm maybe that's in UK? I remember getting mine in Oct of 2014 it was my first 3/2ds console hehe

8. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    My friend also wants to buy a 2ds. A non bundeled one. Of eu region. Can some1 give me a link for one that meets his needs? It needs to be also on 10.u or lower of course..