wiiware won't play

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by liftedplane, Sep 4, 2009.

Sep 4, 2009

wiiware won't play by liftedplane at 8:34 AM (1,236 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. liftedplane
    OP

Newcomer liftedplane Member

United States
    I recently downloaded a bunch of wii VC and wiiware games... upon trying to play a few of them I get a bit of a problem.

They install just fine using Wad Manager 1.4, ios249, no nand emulation.

However upon trying to run them on the wii itself I get a black screen.

Ant nation, sexy poker, C64 California games, are just a few of them that don't work.

I've set the hack options in preloader to allow for region free loading etc... still nothing.

anyone have any idea what the problem is, I've looked around and can't seem to find it anywhere

2. niceguychris

Newcomer niceguychris Member

United Kingdom
    Could be a couple of things, first the WAD could be the wrong regions (google "FreeTheWads" for making WADs region free), the other could be your missing an IOS required by the game (apparantly "DOP-IOS" will help you with this - but I just updated my Wii), on the other hand i've done both of these with some WAD's and they have still not worked (so I just gave up)

3. liftedplane
    OP

United States
    I've set my wii to region free, though if I need to use freethwads then I will. Not sure which IOS would have to be set using dop ios, though if there is one let me know.

4. aabbccdd

Member aabbccdd GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Ant Nation and California Games worked fine here when I tested those, PAL console and games were NTSC IIRC. Corrupted wads maybe or something like that, I didn't have to use freethewads. You could also try booting them through gecko.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Launch them with TriiForce and see if they can work at all. If Triiforce does not play them, there's something wrong with the wads. Triiforce also tells you which IOS is requested by the game.

6. lolololox

lolololox Newbie

How can i know with Triiforce which IOS is requested ?

7. aabbccdd

Member aabbccdd GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    It tells the IOS but there's not enough time to read it.

8. liftedplane
    OP

United States
    I can try using triiforce and if that means I don't have to install them and can just put the games on a flash drive and use them then that will work better.

though I'd still like to know why some of them refuse to work, when they work on a friends console, his is just two years newer than mine...