Hacking WiiWare Wads Not Working

eddie182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I have a PAL Wii bought on release at 3.2E. I have a Wiikey with latest update, the official Homebrew Channel installed and wadmanager 1.0. I downloaded the update for the Wii shop channel which contained the update about Wiiware maybe a month ago. I have not sinced updated it. I got Lost Winds PAL to work on my wii perfectly as well as Pop PAL. However, Doctor Mario PAL and Final Fantasy PAL just return my Wii to the Wii System Menu - they do not reboot it. I have researched around and people are saying to try a different releases of the games and I have and they all just reboot my wii. Can anyone help me?

ricanpapi_16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as i kno my freind has pal and it doesnt work either. but like said in previous post use twilite method. my freinds hasnt tried that method so maybe it will work....

eddie182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't the homebrew channel use the twilight hack? And they are actual PAL releases so it's not compatibility issues. People have also been telling me that there is another update I need to download. But I'm already updated with the WiiWare update - is there another one I need to get? And How come some work and others do not?

Thanks
smile.gif

Martino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
all wiiware pal works great on my wii, just make sure you got the latest updates and everything should run fine

Jebula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have the same problem here and I'm curious to update my Wii, because I afraid that Nintendo would do something to prevent me from installing wads.

eddie182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ Jebula - let me know if it works. I can't update my Wii where I live so I'll have to go to a mates. And @ Arakon - you say load the wad manager directly? How do i do that? Through the twilight hack?

alpha0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Those games you can't played need the latest firmware IOS37.
You should update your wii to the latest firmware to solve this problem.

eddie182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't there something on that update that will affect my mod? Do i get it from just connecting to the internet or do i need a game?

Thankyou
smile.gif

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
eddie182 said:
I read somewhere that IOS37 screws up all the Homebrew stuff. Is that true?

it quite likely will. however as of the currently available firmware version, it is NOT active.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lost winds won't work for me. I get an error at line #9 and it's -5xxx something. Maybe it's just Wiiware games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu