Hacking wiiware wads from sd card ?

montyzoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I followed the guide to Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below.

Once Ive installed IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad how do i play Wiiware games (wads) from my SD card ?

Option 1.

Do I have to Install every Wiiware wad as a channel, thru Wad Manager. Then move it to the SD card using the Wiis Data Management

OR

Option 2

Can I just run wads that i copied from PC to the root of the SD card

(this option isnt working)

Ive searched and read, but am still unsure why option 2 doesnt work. I thought that was the point of

OBJECTIVE 6 :-

6] Play Wiiware & Virtual Console games off the sd card menu.

The guide doesnt explain how to get them on the SD card inthe first place. (using Wii or PC)??????

Thanks in advance from a stupid yorkshire man.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You have to install them using WAD Manager and then transfer them to your SD card using your Wii. Go to your Wii's options-> Data Management -> Channels.

montyzoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply, this is what i have concluded.

I thought I could have given out SD cards with wiiware games on to friends and family for xmas without having to spend hours installing and moving channels and swapping SD cards and making sure i dont run out of memory.

but no.

Back to the chocolate oranges for presents.

montyzoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RoboticBuddy said:
Continued from Goli's post, i think you will have to install IOS 56.

I dont think you know what your talking about, its got nothing to do with IOS56-64-v5662.wad.

Correct me if im wrong. but this is the problem with technical forums, too many halfwits.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
montyzoomer said:
Correct me if im wrong. but this is the problem with technical forums, too many halfwits.

Ok, I'm gonna correct you first on calling this a technical forum, as this is actually a forum for handholding and whining, and secondly on there being too many halfwits. If there were more halfwits that'd be an improvement.
glare.gif

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
montyzoomer said:
RoboticBuddy said:
Continued from Goli's post, i think you will have to install IOS 56.

I dont think you know what your talking about, its got nothing to do with IOS56-64-v5662.wad.

Well I don't really know, I installed an IOS a while ago that let me play WiiWare games of an SD card without having the ticket for it.

Maybe it was IOS 70. Damn, I can't remember all of these IOS.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
montyzoomer said:
I thought I could have given out SD cards with wiiware games on to friends and family for xmas without having to spend hours installing and moving channels and swapping SD cards and making sure i dont run out of memory.
*facepalms*

The early '90's have passed, my friend. Nowadays, pirating games takes more than just a "diskcopy" command.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
montyzoomer said:
*facepalms*

The early '90's have passed, my friend. Nowadays, pirating games takes more than just a "diskcopy" command.

No kidding, right? You have to copy the files AND press a few buttons... gosh, piracy just ain't what it used to be -_-

joevega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
No kidding, right? You have to copy the files AND press a few buttons... gosh, piracy just ain't what it used to be -_-

Is there a homebrew app that does this? I would like to copy transfer a wiiware game to the 2nd Wii I picked up for my kids. I am not looking to pirate games, just transfer a game I purchased on our 1st Wii to my 2nd Wii.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, you want to fill SD cards with pirated wiiware wads and give them to family and friends on Christmas and you are mad cuz you cant give away what isn't yours to begin with?? Wow everyday I get even more amazed....

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
joevega said:
qwertymodo said:

Is there a homebrew app that does this? I would like to copy transfer a wiiware game to the 2nd Wii I picked up for my kids. I am not looking to pirate games, just transfer a game I purchased on our 1st Wii to my 2nd Wii.

Nope, sorry. When you buy VC/WW, you only buy a license to play it on a single Wii. What you are wanting is not legally possibly, and if you really want that WW game on both Wii's you'll either have to buy it on the other Wii or resort to less than legal means. And just in case you feel indignant about having purchased it already and you should be able to play it on any Wii, just realize 90% of PC software is licensed per-computer as well, so it's not really anything unreasonable...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain