Homebrew Wiiware / VC ISO Forwarders made easy

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Syscheck log.txt

sysCheck GX v1.0.0 by Erik Spyder
It seems that there is nothing wrong, sorry I can not be of more help here.
I have a NTSC-U Wii and actually I only use wad2ISO to run about 7 or 8 WiiWare/VC games, mostly PAL I need to force video mode and/or language, and for which I use cIOS 248 [base 55] or cIOS 249 [base 56]. And everything works flawless. For this I use a emunand installed in the root directory of my external HDD FAT32 32K, and I use Configurable USB Loader v70 (cIOS249[56] d2x-v10b52) to run the wad2ISO's isos (installed in .wbfs format in the \wbfs folder), loading them with cIOS222 Hermes and "Block IOS reload" option disabled.
However, for the vast majority of WiiWare/VC titles I just use the SD Card Menu or Neek2o ;)

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'll think the fault get making by the wadiso's on his own
how did you make them
ios 199 but than wich exact video mod these things maybe i'll make the iso's with wadiso on the wrong way

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You should not select this cIOS in CFG Loader (you can't), but you must select it in wad2ISO's game options. And just for load problematic VC wads.

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should not select this cIOS in CFG Loader (you can't), but you must select it in wad2ISO's game options. And just for load problematic VC wads.
Yes idd you can select ios199 in wadiso but when i will load in CFG loader what for ios i do select ?
AUTO or ????

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay'mate that's what i post to know i tel you wehen i make and wadiso on ios199 i get black screen with strange white tekst in it and the iso game does not work :(

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by EarlAB,

mm-powderRANGER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just came across this forum looking for methods to add my WW and VC games to my CFG usb loader (so all my backup and WW/VC games are aggregated in one location vs. having to switch back and forth between other applications/loaders). Is this method (wad2iso/triiforce) still a good method, or do I need to consider something else before I get started? If this is still a relevant method, I have several questions which I could not find answers for throughout the entire thread. If there is a more relevant method to accomplish this goal, please advise.

First, my Wii Configuration is as follows:

- USB port 0: 500 GB HDD formatted NTFS which hold all of my game backups and config file for CFG usb loader
- USB port 1: USB thumb drive formatted FAT which has all of the apps
- Forwarder: CFG usb loader v70
- d2x v7 or lower (can't remember right off, but I modded my Wii around the 2010/2011 time frame)

Here are my questions:

1. Currently, I think by cIOS 249 is a stub, do I need to resolve that? I think I installed waninkoko cIOS rev 17 in 248 and 250 when I first softmodded.

2. I plan to update d2x (I'm pretty sure I have pre v8)? But now there are two branches (regular or -alt). There are pros/cons to both. Any recommendations for which to use for my setup? I'm mainly concerned because I use both my USB ports, but the version that supports both ports lacks nand emu compatibility.

3. What options for wad2iso (just to confirm)? Boot method = normal or app loader?

4. Do I create the emuNAND on my usb thumb drive (on port 1) or do I need to create a FAT partition on my usb HDD (on Port 0)? Does it matter? (FYI, my CFG usb config file is located on my HDD on port 0, if it matters).

Thank you for all the information in this thread, it cleared up many other questions I had.

Last edited by mm-powderRANGER,

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it possible to burn the ISOs onto a disc? Lets say I want to use DVD to boot into Cave Story on my RealNAND, how would I go about this. I' ask this because I made a cover for Cave Story for Wii and would like to be able to use it?

dishe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know this is specifically supposed to be for wiiware and VC to ISO, but will this script also work for channel forwarders to turn them into ISOs? If not, is there a similar script out there to make that simple?
I can't believe how difficult of a time I'm having finding a working ISO for common applications like Snes9x. I'm trying to get all my games/apps accessible in a homebrew USB launcher so I can boot into it and never need to exit. I found a thread of folks sharing ones they've made but the links are all dead!

Julian0555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im begging you can anyone give me a fixed installer or etc. for this program! I've been looking forever for a program that converts wad to iso and now that i have, it doesn't even install.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this converts VC/WW to ISO. It just creates an ISO that lets you launch the title from a loader, which is no longer necessary as all loaders support NAND titles now.

Sanches

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am very time trying to install Wad2ISO, always giving error of connection to the Internet, even trying again. How do install the program? Without giving error.

Last edited by Sanches,

Rincewindwiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK so Im a novice regarding the inner workings of the Wii, and I am struggling big time so any help appreciated

I have 2 WADs (eg Fluidity) I'd like to run from my USB device
So I ran WAD2ISO to get the ISOs
I ran game manager to convert ISO to WBFS and copied the WBFS to my USB HDD
Tried to load the game with USB Loader GX v3.0 and got 'Cant find loader.dol'

Read some more stuff and then copied NANDGAMES to the SD card and copied loader.dol into NANDGAMES and tried again.

This time just a black screen followed eventually be a return to the HB menu

Just in case I copied \Finished ISOs to the SD card and then put the ISO created above into this folder but I am not clear how to select this as the HB menu didn't change

So, please, what do I put where to get this stuff to work?
Thanks for any info

wiimotto

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
the downloadable installer doesn't work, it fails to connect to the server. Is the program available in any way without installing?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the downloadable installer doesn't work, it fails to connect to the server. Is the program available in any way without installing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GojQTu7iI