WiiWare Dat for OfflineList and ClrMamePro

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Nago, Jun 30, 2009.

Jun 30, 2009
  1. Nago
    OP

Newcomer Nago Advanced Member

United States
    Hello! There is a newer thread. You should probably go there instead!
    <a href="http://gbatemp.net/t173348-wiiware-virtual-console-dats-for-offlinelist-clrmamepro" target="_blank">http://gbatemp.net/t173348-wiiware-virtual...list-clrmamepro</a>

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I was there when you were making it but congrats Nago, this is sure to come in very handy.

3. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Congrats [​IMG]

4. Slade.AU

Member Slade.AU GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    2.5years and 10 posts. [​IMG] I don't feel so bad.

Congrats on the list. I'll be using it.

If you need help with images, just ask.

5. Nago
    OP

United States
    I was using these title images: but they are only available for US regions, and the aspect ratio of the image within the titlecard may not be easy to automatically generate from other screencaps.

It's also worth noting that the screencaps on Nintendo.com's (US) site all have different aspect ratios as well, so before I start working on images or allow other people to upload to some kind of community pot, I think I need to decide on an image format.

At the moment I am leaning towards abandoning the titlecards and using simply two screencaps, one for the Title Screen and one for the gameplay.

6. Methanoid

Newcomer Methanoid Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Excellent DAT and nice to chat to you on IRC. Even better to see you listen to suggestions!!! [​IMG]

I'd go with two screens for the images as you suggest. Its always useful if you're looking to play a game to get an idea what its about and a title page only or a small pic with a WiiWare logo above is not enough.

Good decision also to ignore stupid releases that get nowhere like WWR releases and to include the OneUp PROPERs and Internals (?)

Is WiiVC coming soon too??? [​IMG]

7. Nago
    OP

United States
    I'm glad you like my efforts. I was horrified that I'd wind up pissing everyone off!

WiiVC is coming very soon. I have all the data entered into the database, I'm just writing a script to double-check it and do a bit of "end of project" tidying to make sure I have everything in order and there are no errors. (Check, Check, DoubleCheck and ReCheck.) Then I have to write a script to actually publish the dat, but I'm going to be using the script I wrote for WiiWare as a template, so it's not a terribly daunting process. I would expect to see a version within a week or so.

I added NFO links to the RSS feed as per mbmax's request, and I'll be adding the scene folder names to the comment field as per Methanoid's request. (These are already in the DB, it's just a matter of making the publishing script include them, it's not heinously complicated.)

I'll also be adding a second RSS feed that instead links to the ClrMamePro dat instead of the OLL Dat: I think this makes more sense, since OfflineList can update dats itself, while ClrMamePro cannot, so using RSS to automatically download the ClrMamePro dat will actually be a nice but of convenience; so I'll add that soon.

8. Nago
    OP

United States
    Whoops! Looks like I broke something. Please stand by while I figure out what the hell I messed up. Sorry! ::EMBARASSED::

Fixed: I accidentally commented out a critical line in my publish code which escaped ampersands, so that broke the OLL dat. (Dr. Mario & Germ Buster). There was also a blank line which got added to the database which screwed up the RSS feed, but both issues are fixed. This is what I get for staying up over 24 hours trying to finish work on my dats.

Other news: two new nukes which affect the previous numberscheme. The old Final Fantasy CC DLC got nuked; there is a more complete version available now; also an older version of the Mega Man 9 PAL DLC-- I realized there were two versions in my database and so the older of the two releases was nuked. The earlier version came as part of a pack from OneUp, and the later release came in the form of a standalone download. I am told that the standalone version is "The version you want."

So as stated: this is still a beta dat, and so the numbers will almost certainly change as new releases supersed old releases, so please do not rely on these numbers to stay static and unchanging. I realize this is hugely inconvenient for some of you, however there is not much I can do as the scene has not fully "settled" for WiiWare.

Good news: Thanks to OneUp and PLAY-SKiLL, both the US (OneUp) and JP (OneUp & PLAY-SKiLL) WiiWare scene is now 100% complete and up-to-date. If you are interested in collecting either region, now is a very good time to download my dat and get started!

9. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Very good job ! [​IMG]

Thanks nago ! [​IMG]

10. Nago
    OP

United States
    New updates: Three more nukes (Once again affecting numbering), but the good news is that it has replaced two roms which no one had, and one of uncertain origin.

In other news, I've started a public gallery of WiiWare images that anyone can contribute to! Please check out http://photobucket.com/wiiware and start contributing! I do apologize, but it does require you to have a (free) Photobucket account to upload. If you have a suggestion for a better host, though, by all means do suggest it!

I ask that you upload in PNG format, (use IrfanView's PNGOut plugin for maximum compression) in images that are 640x480, 640x456, or 640x448 (The native resolutions you'll get for various games in 4:3 mode.)

Also: I did add the ClrMamePro RSS feed to the footer of the OP post. [​IMG]

Thank you!

Jul 8: Two more nukes (both DLC) that have been propered, and thanks to SUNSHiNE there are no more "missing" releases contained within the dat, so good job. There are still a handful of European releases that were never released, though, so we're not at 100% just yet, but by the end of the month I think we can count on it.

And a quick note on the VC list: My work load continually increases with each passing day. I am whittling down what is left to do, but there have been a few delays. It is still almost finished: it is still coming 'soon'.

11. Methanoid

United Kingdom
    Great stuff, keep at it.

Request for the VC dat - hopefully you wont be including those Home-made Injected Final Fantasy ROMs that have made it into another WiiVC DAT [​IMG]

And can it be announced via the RSS feed? That would be most excellent

I'm pining for the VC dat already.

12. Nago
    OP

United States
    Sorry! I'm on vacation this week. There are a glut of new WW releases and I have been keeping track of them, but I have been spending my time upgrading my dat management system to mySQL and a few bots to auto-fetch information and titles to get updates out faster than ever.

Unfortunately, I AM on vacation at the moment, so updates will stall for the time being. It will resume monday. (Okay, I'm going to try to update my WW one tonight at least, let's see what I can get out.)

The WiiVC dat is "done" for entries up through July 1st, but of course, there have been many releases since then, so I've been playing catch-up: finishing the new bots to manage things for me will make WiiVC easier.

And on the request of no iNJECTS: the 0RANGECHICKEN releases have been excluded as well as a myriad of other iNJECT titles by other groups (iND, DiPLODOCUS and others) that are not even nuked: I've done my homework. No worries about unofficial roms.

(I may add them into a Miscellaneous DLC dat at some future date, which would include application releases, music game DLC, iNJECTS, and etcetera.)

Edit: almost forgot. Thanks to SUNSHiNE (PAL), OneUp (USA), and PLAY-SKiLL (JPN), WiiWare is at 100% -- every game release has been dumped and has an un-nuked copy available. It's a good time to start collecting.

13. Slade.AU

Member Slade.AU GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Awesome work nago.

I just updated from the old dat you hosted to the new one cracker is hosting.

With regards to images.... I can possibly do something. I'd have to look at how much space my host provides, but I know I don't use it and they don't seem to worry about bandwidth. Heck, how much data can you burn through with a few images (or a few hundred [​IMG] )

Edit: I'll start using the Dolphin Emu to dump screen images for you.
    That should provide nice crisp, clean images to use.

Edit 2: I have just noticed that Fish'em All (PAL) is listed twice:
    0223 Filler
    0319 Proper

Shouldn't one of these be removed ?

14. Methanoid

United Kingdom
    Yup, love this DAT. Small issue with the images which download every time you refresh. I had this bug myself on my DATs and forget how I fixed it but Psykos or any other OLL Datter will probably know how. Psykos still has this with his XB360 DAT where image 289b.jpg downloads every time I refresh!?!?

So WiiVC is coming alomg - great! Any chance we'll complete the set with Wii itself? I don;t collect Wii ISOs but there are people who do

15. Nago
    OP

United States
    I don't intend to do full disc ISOs-- I'll leave this to Psykos or the Advanscene gent. Sorry to break your heart [​IMG]

Good catch on Fish'em All. the WWR one was a ghost release anyway, I don't think anyone had it. I probably forgot to nuke it in my dat because it "didn't really exist" to begin with. Thanks [​IMG]

I've published the list for WiiWare: Should be all up to date for all releases. There were also a handful of re-releases for a number of titles (earlier versions of some OneUp PAL releases have bad ticket information) so there have been a few REPACKS to rectify the issue.

Oh: the images. I know what happened. I added CRCs for the images that were 640x***, realized they were too large, resized them, and forgot to update the CRCs. I'll have to fix that tonight. Sorry ...

Edit: lol. there have been 98 releases for VC since my "initial set" of data for it. Hahaha. At least no one is slacking off in releasing games [​IMG]

16. Methanoid

United Kingdom
    Nag for Nago [​IMG]

The IMG thing is still there, I download all images every time I use Update

Still prefer your DAT though even without full set of images and I'm sure I'll be adopting your WiiVC as well. I wasnt worried about ISOs myself

17. Nago
    OP

United States
    Durr, yeah. I need to fix the images still. (I keep forgetting ...)

I've been frantically trying to code a full mysql solution for the datting, and as I finish it up, it gets sort of frantic.

Though I am caught up on WiiVC now, I just need to write the script to publish the dat, hopefully between school and everything I won't get bogged down again.

After I am caught up on both WiiVC and WiiWare, I'll start on the images.

Edit: WiiWare is up to date again, and I nuked a few things I had forgotten to. Enjoy ~ (Annoyingly, one of the things that was nuked was the FIRST wiiware release, Okiraku Ping Pong Wii: so ALL of the numbers have changed. I'm sorry!)

18. Methanoid

United Kingdom
    Not a problem, unless someone has the OLL set to rename files INSIDE the archives!!

19. gizmomelb

Member gizmomelb GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Mago - thankyou so much for creating these lists, but I do have one request - could you please append the date to the end of the files so we know when they were last updated (when we check your web site)?

20. Nago
    OP

United States
    Can you explain what you mean?

A date at the end of the dat downloads themselves?

(Website...?) ...Oh yeah! I did make that little "website" on cracker's webhost. I can certainly hook up something there so it shows the last published date on the "front page", if that's what you are asking.

I may also start a "News" RSS, for general purpose updates. (I won't be publishing general purpose updates to the "Dat Feeds".)

Edit: I added some news to the bottom of the OP post.