WiiWare bootup methods

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by gamecaptor, Sep 5, 2012.

Sep 5, 2012

WiiWare bootup methods by gamecaptor at 12:25 AM (788 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. gamecaptor
    OP

Member gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    Hi all,
    I’m in the mood to check out the WiiWare stuff and looking for the best way to do it (as I’ve essentially ignored them up until now. Better late than never!)

In the perfect little world I live in, they would load up in USB Loader GX (since it’s my catch all), but when I try to load them I either get a black screen (which the Wii locks up) or an error message that says: “The system files are corrupted. Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for further instructions.”

Moving onto solution two I gave Might Channels and it doesn’t play with the new WiiMotes (not a big deal as I have an older one, just an inconvenience) and when loading a game it gives an error (can’t recall the error off the top of my head).

Solution three is sneek, which also doesn’t like the new WiiMotes (again, not a deal breaker) but is also limited to the number of titles you can see (48 channels), but the games do load ok.

I realize there is solution four to just load up on the Wii itself which would solve the new WiiMote issue that sneek has but still has the limitation of channels. I was hoping for an emu-nand solution (ideally it would be USB Loader GX, but I’m ok with something else if it works).

Seeing how the rest of the folks are rolling these days.

Regards.

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    The best way to do it for me was simply installing the .wad and booting them from the System Menu, and it never failed me... so... try that. :P

3. Nightmare Cinema

Banned Nightmare Cinema Banned

United States
    I use neek2o from ModMii, works great and you can use postloader or JoyFlow to load more games, hope this helps.

4. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    Ya, that's solution four. All else fails, that will be the method of choice.

I'm not familar with postloader or JoyFlow. I'll have to check them out and see what they are all about.

5. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    Try wiiflow 4. For setup see the emunand link inside my signature's tutorials spoiler

6. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    Hi AbdallahTerro, the spoiler section is blank?

7. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    WiiFlow 4+ & Emunand

Really :wtf: !?

should look like this, check your options:

USBL-GX 1202 (Green:alternate URL, Red:alternate URL, Blue:default URL - Edit last line in \apps\usbloader_gx\GXGlobal.cfg)
    CustomBannersURL =http://fileden.com/files/2012/5/12/3303540/
    CustomBannersURL =http://fileden.com/files/2012/8/17/3337854/
    CustomBannersURL =http://dl.dropbox.com/u/101209384/

Edit: Sometimes I have problems with spoilers too, found out it's due to cache problems in some browsers like opera, Firefox and chrome. I found out that Apple Safari is the best browser to view spoilers directly (even when the page is still loading) so I moved my bookmarks and stuff there. I'm a Safari user now :)

1 person likes this.
  8. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the link AbdallahTerro. I'll give it a try tonight.