WiiWare #0351 - Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 (USA)

orno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i gotta say, i'm a bit dissapointed with this so far... might have to try the pc version and see if it runs any better on my crappy lappy...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was impatient and got the PC one weeks back. Very good for a modern day point & click game but obviously nowhere as good as the first three games.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it does run choppy yeah, but not unplayable
the game was definitely designed as a pc-game and then ported to wiiware. you can also see this because of the resolution. i have a non-hd tv and some texts are really hard to read

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aww, that's a pity. I was hoping TellTale Games would do a good job of both versions. I would recommend the PC one to anyone who liked the first three (particularly reminicent of 3), because the PC version is great! I wonder how they managed to mess it up like that.

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
can`t you guys just play this using scummvm anyway?
I never tried scumm in the wii, but it was perfect for platforms that I tried, I don`t see why it would be different with the wii...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inu268 said:
I never tried scumm in the wii, but it was perfect for platforms that I tried, I don`t see why it would be different with the wii...
This is a new game, not a port of an old one.

Its odd but none of the reviews of the Wii version state any slowdown or bugs, anyone bought this game?

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I didn't read anything about slow downs in the Wii version either. At first I thought the choppiness was due to me playing the game off the SD, but I got the same result moving it to the Wii.

I would be pissed off and emailing Nintendo if I actually spent money on this game. I can't believe they released it in this condition. Guess I'll try the PC ones, since this game did seem pretty descent(the few minutes I could actually suffer through).

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Canadrian said:
Inu268 said:
This is a new game, not a port of an old one.

Its odd but none of the reviews of the Wii version state any slowdown or bugs, anyone bought this game?
Gamespot wrote the following: "Frame rate is sluggish". This is the only review, that said something about a bad Framerate, that I remember reading... Even though it got a decent score of 7 from them!

A real shame, since I would have loved to play it on TV
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.