WiiVC, WiiWARE, and DSiWARE Sharing

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by MissingNo._, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009
  1. MissingNo._
    OP

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    Why is this post is in the NDS section? I originally had the idea for the DSi, but then thought it could work for both DSi and Wii.

You know how in iTunes, when you purchase songs, videos, etc., you download a locked .mp4 that will only play on that computer? They also have a file-sharing thing where you can link several computers with iTunes and link them to the same account. This leads too not so many people pirating. Me and my friend gott a DSi and we bought games and we wanted too send the games too each other, but we couldn't. It really defeats the purpose of being able to copy games to your SD Card, because even though there is limited space on the DSi, it's not like you're going to buy every DSiWARE game there is. Its a waste of money. So maybe if Nintendo implemented this feature there wouldn't be as much pirating once the DSi Common Key is found.

2. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    If you want Nintendo to know about your idea your're better off emailing them than posting on here. Except I'm not sure if it's possible to do this with VC, WiiWare or DSiWare

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Your missing the point ..backing them up for yourself to your SD card is for your own personal use /safe keeping/save storage space on the DSi

same way that you can move Wiiware/Vc to SD card with the Wii ... although with the Wii this has been exploited to be able to use Wiiware on any machine ...

The DSi hasn't been broken so far so you cannot share them its as simple as that!

If you want Game sharing with upto 5 people then Buy a PS3 ...they allow ALMOST all PSN DLC games to be shared with upto 5 people LEGALLY!

4. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    Hardly anyone uses the SD Card for Music, and while some use it for games, no one uses it for pictures. I just use my iPod and take pictures with my cell [​IMG]

What Wii exploit? Does it involve pirating or is it straight from Nintendo?

Again, when the DSi is broken that means the only way to transfer is by pirating and I never pirate.

The PS3 sucks, it has selled the worst compared to the Wii and Xbox 360 (Yahoo! News).

5. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] Of course it's not! It's not implemented! This is what this whole topic is about!

6. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I'm guessing they'll eventually add in the support to play DSiWare directly off the SD card like on the SD-card menu for the wii.

7. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    Maybe. That would be a good idea, too, but I'm saying that the DSiWare should be able to be copied to other DSis if that DSi is linked to the same "account".

8. Wintrale

Member Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Woah, woah woah... It sucks because it hasn't shifted as many units as the Wii or 360? You do realise the 360 has been out a year longer than the PS3 and that the PS3 has sold as many over its lifetime as the 360 had at the same age? As for beating the Wii, neither console can do that any more thanks to the massive shift towards the Wii being shovelware central. What was previously suggested is a solid suggestion. Gamesharing on PS3s is completely legal and the perfect alternative for you if that is the kind of thing you're looking for. They will never allow sharing of WiiWare or DSiWare, that much is obvious. Even if they did, it's not like you have actual accounts or anything - you download things directly to your Wii and DSi without any actual account, so sharing legally with friends would be nigh impossible.

9. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] ... It sucks because it doesn't have as much good games as the Xbox 360. Either that or the games are for both systems. And the Wii is a great console for FPS, because you can point, unlike PS3 and Xbox 360 controls, where you have to tap a button incredibly fast to snipe perfectly.

10. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I don't think Nintendo would need an exploit to use it's own hardware/features, so, of course it's for pirating Wiiware/VC games.

11. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    Oh sorry it just totally hit my head [​IMG]

12. Wintrale

United Kingdom
    Well that's your opinion, not fact. Just like it's my opinion that Uncharted is better than Gears and that I'd never want to be seen dead playing a multiplayer game with moonjumping Power Rangers. [​IMG]

But we're getting slightly off topic here...

13. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Did you know Windows sold more copies than OSX this year too? That must mean Windows is just the best then? Ahh windows, we love you.

And did you know shovelware sells more than very good, hardcore games? That must mean shovelware is just the best then? Ahh shovelware, we love you.

14. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    i agree with you, the ps3 is 10x better than the 360 but just not quit as good as the wii!

but on-topic, this feature will quite clearly never happen and is simplay a stupid idea anyway TBH.

15. Placeholder

Member Placeholder GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yupp, Windows rocks!

16. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    In what is the PS3 10 times better as a XBOX360 !?
    And about OSX they have it much easier because a Mac is like a console (they use fixed hardware for there systems [​IMG] ) Windows XP (should) run on every System with many many Hardware combinations (even games have this problems ) and anyway there are not many games for OSX.

About sharing games with others i would never say never so who really knows what Nintendo will do about it.

17. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Probably in fanboyism [​IMG] It's awesome how a "so powerful" console like the PS3 is continously technically beaten by a console released an entire year before (the 360) [​IMG]

18. MissingNo._
    OP

United States

[​IMG]

Man, you guys sure do get off topic here [​IMG] So sad.

19. Wintrale

United Kingdom
    Software. The 360 might have the better online, might be cheaper, might be easier to develop for, but the exclusives on the PS3 are - quite simply - superior to those of the 360. It's been proven many times that games built from the ground up for the PS3 are better than those built from the ground up for the 360. Compare Killzone 2, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3 and Folklore to their respective equivalents on the 360 and you'll see what I mean. [​IMG]

But yeah, why is this thread getting so off topic? I think I'll leave it at that, since we need to get back on topic. [​IMG]

20. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    ANYWAYS!...

Maybe the "accounts" for sharing games could use Nintendo Club accounts or whatever they're called.