OP
Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
Hey up everybody.

So trying to keep it as short as possible.

A Guy sended me a WiiU where he tried to install CFW on his own.
Well this went wrong cause now we have the following behavior:

- WIIU Boots up with WiiU Screen
- Ends up in a Blackscreen but i can press "home" and there a message pops up that
Brain Training was stopped. There´s either "Continue" wich ends up in Blackscreen again or
"Finish" wich also gives a Blackscreen.
- I CAN start Browser but unfortanatly don´t use it as i can´t put my INET Details on the Machine somehow cause there is now way to launch System Settings.

I and even the Owner does´nt really know what tut he has used nor how he obviously Bricked this Thing.

I´ve done lots of WiiU´s but never was able to brick one so I´m pretty much knowless here.

Guess this Device is simply for the Trash but maybe it´s not so i need some Clearification from the Guys who really know the WiiU Business.

Thanks a lot for your input if you need some more Input just let me know and I´ll provide it straight away.

Greetz Seb

konsolenumbau.expert

OP
Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
Apparently he installed CBHC and the process went wrong ... Ask the guy if he made a copy of the nand.

That's my thought too but as i never seen a bricked unit i wasnt sure as there still seems to be going on in the background. I thought when it's bricked you get a error message at some point.

Of cause he doesn't have a Backup

He couldn't even Provider me the info on system version so... Gone to heaven this console is...

At least i Tryed.

Thanks a lot. Very appreciated.

Greetz Seb

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can access the internet browser?
Iirc the Wii U autoconnects to the first free (no password) Wi-Fi connection, so try to create a Wi-Fi hotspot via your phone and it should connect (again, iirc)

Reactions: DaTank45

konsolenumbau.expert

OP
Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
Here we go.

So after a few "weeks" the Guy turned back on me and said he found a backup folder of the SD Card he used to mod the WiiU.

Not much in there exept of a File called "fw.img" and a Folder "wiiu/apps/cfwbooter" with the files in it.

So i guess he used a really old tut.

Anywhere
@THEELEMENTKH no luck. This Machine won´t connect to any Network.

But nothing on there with CBHC...
So in Fact he seems to have tried an Old Tutorial there might be hope no CBHC was installed.

I´m wondering if it´s worth the hustle to do a Hardmod and try to get the slc.bin but i guess it´s not as i can´t extract anything without the otp can I?

Greetz Guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work