WiiU homebrew browser framework.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by pwsincd, Feb 17, 2016.

1. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    we (me and @jaames) have been working for the past few weeks to create a template that can be easily modified for anybody to use to host their own homebrew collections or to use as a base for their own websites.

This is still a work in progress and will eventually as near as damn it resemble the wiiu's OS , if i get the time , which is really the main reason i'm posting this now as im struggling to work on it.

So heres the demo : www.wiiubru.com/demo and eventually wiiubru will port over to this once ive added the bells and whistles i wanted for my site.

The site can be easily modified by adding your own images ( 92x92 pixels) into the images directory to customise this to suit your needs , it comes with a basic set of icons for you to use (designed by @Swqnky and myself )
    Modify the logo for your site etc.

Your homebrews can be stored however you want and linked in the array to suit your arrangements.

example :

{ 'title': 'Hello World', 'url': '/helloworld/payload532.html', 'icon': 'images/hello.png', 'firmwares': ['2.0.0','4.0.0','4.1.0','5.0.0','5.3.2'] },

the variety of firmwares is to enable you to setup a site that caters for all users , if your self hosting , just add your own firmware only , the site auto detects your firmware and populates your page with the desired homebrew.

The site can be setup to offer a page for non wiiu browsers , to host other files /links etc. Currently it comes with a popup to alert non wiiu browsers of this , simply disable the line at the bottom of the script to remove this.

download : www.wiiubru.com/demo/wiiu-framework.zip

Please post back if you choose to host it . Hope its of use to some.

vgmoose, xavix, eliboa and 2 others like this.
  2. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Cool! This will be very handy for self hosting multiple things until someone figures out how to install channels after iosu is out :3

pwsincd likes this.