WiiU Gamepad sync issue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
A friend of mine gave me a non working WiiU. The Gamepad is OK but the WiiU has the "Blue Light Of Death".
I opened the console and found nothing weird in it. After a few research, i came to the conclusion that the console is not repairable.
I tried the gamepad on my WiiU and it's working perfectly.
A few weeks after I managed to find a standalone WiiU for a few €. The guy who sold it to me said he didn't know wether it's working or not.
When I plug the console,everything seems normal. I get the WiiU dashboard.
When I try to pair the gamepad, I get the 4 symbols, and the I get the image that the console and the gamepad are seeing each other, then thhe console says the gamepad is paired, but the gamepad doesn't :(.
If I switch off the console and the gamepad and try to start the console with the gamepad power button, I can start the console (and when I switch on the console, the gamepad switches on), but still impossible to make the gamepad work (connection to console failed).
After a few times I managed to pair the controller. It worked a few seconds and the I lost the connection.
I tried with my gamepad and the problem is exactly the same.
So the problem doesn't come from the gamepad, it comes from the console.
I decided to change the Wireless module with the ones of the dead console. As I don't know which module causes the issue, I swapped the 3 modules. After this operation the issue is exactly the same. I managed to get a connexion 1 or 2 times but the the image on the gamepad gets weird I I loose the connection.
I tried many things I found on the net, but nothing seems to solve the problem.
What do you think is happening ? It would be strange that the wireless modules of both consoles are dead...
Can it be a software issue ? Or another component of the console that is faulty ?
I tried to pair a wii remote, it works perfectly.
The problem is exactly the same wether the gamepad is close or not to the console.

Thank you in advance for your help

Last edited by 20100,

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Tried once more this morning.
Worked a few seconds, and then :
20211105_073151755_iOS.jpg

And after the gamepad disconnects

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New point, when the controler starts working and the the screen freezes, the buttons continue to work, even if I'm not close to the console.
Can someone tell me which module on the WiiU motherboard could be responsible for this failure ? I think the Bluetooth module (the little one at the front ?) is OK. The 2 other modules look similar, except the size of the connector and the color of the cables (black/white and grey/red). I thought they were both for Wi-Fi but it so, which component controls the data between the controller and the console ?

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
New point, when the controler starts working and the the screen freezes, the buttons continue to work, even if I'm not close to the console.
Can someone tell me which module on the WiiU motherboard could be responsible for this failure ? I think the Bluetooth module (the little one at the front ?) is OK. The 2 other modules look similar, except the size of the connector and the color of the cables (black/white and grey/red). I thought they were both for Wi-Fi but it so, which component controls the data between the controller and the console ?
Have a look on here. This may help you https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+Wii+U+Teardown/11796

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanx
So the Bluetooth is probably the module used for Wiimotes and Gamepad operation. This one is OK.
One of the Wifi modules is for the network connection and the other one is probably for the gamepad screen.
The module near the BT is the network card (BCM43237KMLG) with red and grey antenna wires
The gamepad display module should be the one which is alon on the opposite side of the mainboard (BCM43362KUB6), with black and white wires.
I'm going to check the connector...
By the way, is the adhesive tape standard double sided tape ? Not something weird like conductive tape ?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I completely disassembled tho console once more and cleaned all the connector.
Reassembled it withut closing the case and everything worked perfectly !!!
Closed the case and the screen started again doing its mess :(
Reopened the case and everything worked for 15 minutes, then the issue came back
Then I realized the behavior was changing when I touched the HDMI plug
I disassembled the console once more and realized that apart from the 3 solder points that hold the HDMI port on the mainboard, there ar 5 tiny points on the rear of the board under the HDMI port. And these points make little electric marks on the rear shield. So I wondered if there should not be a kind of isolating coating on the board that doesn't do its job anymore.
So I put some isolating tape on the board and reassembled everything, hoping I had resolved the issue...
But still the same problem.
I give up. Maybe it's the HDMI port, maybe it's the HDMI chip which is close to the port, but these parts are much too small for my soldering iron, so game over...

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I never solved the issue. It seems there was something wrong with the console itself. Sold it as is for spare parts and got another one.
Bye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: