Hardware WiiU Gamepad Screen Doesnt Work

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hi my WIIU Deluxe suddenly the TouchScreen on my GamePad stopped working. So I bought one on eBay but just the Digitizer not the full screen Here.

I installed it and still the Touchscreen doesnt work. Everything else on the GamePad work including the screen but the Touch. The board doesnt look damaged at all.

Any help?

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I tried my old digitizer, the "broken one", in other gamepad and it worked perfectly. So is the main motherboard of my Gamepad damaged right?

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
There are two different types of digitizer for the Wii U GamePad, did you buy the correct one?
How to know that? And my old Digitizer. The one that came with the GamePad "stopped working" on my GamePad but worked on other GamePad. So I dont think the Digitizer is the problem here.

Thing is that the Motherboard doesnt look damaged at all and theres clearly nothin loose.

But I notice that in almost all Motherboard I have seen the speakers are not soldered like in mine

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
How to know that? And my old Digitizer. The one that came with the GamePad "stopped working" on my GamePad but worked on other GamePad. So I dont think the Digitizer is the problem here.

Thing is that the Motherboard doesnt look damaged at all and theres clearly nothin loose.

But I notice that in almost all Motherboard I have seen the speakers are not soldered like in mine
I have replaced a number of digitizers, if the original digitizer has the model code NB-F9A or NB-F9B then it has two traces crossed over on the flex cable:-
hxDHkHq.png

If the original digitizer has model number NB-F9C or NB-F9D then the flex cable traces are straight though with no crossover.

I assume Nintendo designers made a mistake on the early GamePad's PCB design and decided to "fix" it by modifying the flex cable on the digitizers so that they didnt have to waste all the incorrectly designed PCB's.

Last edited by Razor83,

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have replaced a number of digitizers, if the original digitizer has the model code NB-F9A or NB-F9B then it has two traces crossed over on the flex cable:-
hxDHkHq.png

If the original digitizer has model number NB-F9C or NB-F9D then the flex cable traces are straight though with no crossover.

I assume Nintendo designers made a mistake on the early GamePad's PCB design and decided to "fix" it by modifying the flex cable on the digitizers so that they didnt have to waste all the incorrectly designed PCB's.
The original says NB-F9C AC2 226

The one that I bought from eBay says NB-F9C AD2 116

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a spare gamepad lying around and in need of cash. If you're interested pm me an offer. It works great, it's just from my first Wii u which died ages ago
Well I'm not looking to spend more than $50 or $60 on the GamePad. You said that yours works perfectly and working GamePads sells for $150+. But I can buy a whole new WiiU with games, etc for that amount or even better save and buy a Switch seeing that the WiiU is dead.

I can sell you the WiiU if you wanna.

Thanks tho

Last edited by ElYubiYubi,

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The original says NB-F9C AC2 226

The one that I bought from eBay says NB-F9C AD2 116

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well I'm not looking to spend more than $50 or $60 on the GamePad. You said that yours works perfectly and working GamePads sells for $150+. But I can buy a whole new WiiU with games, etc for that amount or even better save and buy a Switch seeing that the WiiU is dead.

I can sell you the WiiU if you wanna.

Thanks tho

Interesting how people state that the wii u is dead. Then ps2 is dead as well? How come that many still love to play on them? Or snes? Or even Atari and c64? Maybe nothing New is coming, but at least appreciate what is there.

PS: sorry for off topic. Nagged me just too much.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Interesting how people state that the wii u is dead. Then ps2 is dead as well? How come that many still love to play on them? Or snes? Or even Atari and c64? Maybe nothing New is coming, but at least appreciate what is there.

PS: sorry for off topic. Nagged me just too much.
I really like the WiiU. Have awesome games like Pikmin 3, Star Fox Zero, Breath of the Wild. But let be real even Nintendo stopped its production

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah. But dead is another thing. The powerglove is dead. The virtualboy is dead. The satellaview is dead. The wii u just stopped producing. Just because there are no New games for it doesnt mean i dump the thing. I keep almost any console except its become redundand. Like gc and wii can be played on wii u.

Last edited by BlackZero500,

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the Wii U as well, and just for clarification, indie devs will still be putting games out for it for a while. Nintendo's support for independent developer's on that platform isn't going away any time soon. As for a console being "dead" people mean like its commercial life span is over. For example, the original Playstation was one of the greatest selling consoles of all time, but today we say its dead, because you can't just walk into any Wal-Mart or Target or whatever and buy one brand new, nor are there any official games coming out for it. For us collectors, we still keep them running and play them quite a bit (retro gaming ftw!), but for the average joe, they won't bother with the classics as much. I would say the Wii U is at the tail end of its commercial life, but not completely dead yet.

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If we Talk about the commertial lifespan, the wii u was born with a Terminal disease but yeah its about to die.

Dont care about that myself though. Good games are always good games.

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I love the Wii U as well, and just for clarification, indie devs will still be putting games out for it for a while. Nintendo's support for independent developer's on that platform isn't going away any time soon.

Is that right? Is there any place where I can see a list of indie that will be launched for it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1