WiiSX Silver

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok so these values are recognized by wiisxrx now or not? 😒

As I added them to my config and there is still filtering present.
of course not, he never made this open source so whatever he chnaged is stuck on this build so no 240p or any of those things.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
So he took open source program, made changes are did not release the code?

Pathetic, what a dude. 😂
Yeah it's SO pathetic to make a modified version from an original project which was already kindly made open-source by their original developers, and make the modification closed-source...

It's just non-sensical and doesn't help with public contributions.

Same thing happened to the GBx VC project from 0RANGECHiCKEN, which was closed-source even when they started from VBA-GX, an open-source GB/GBC/GBA emulator for Wii.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So he took open source program, made changes are did not release the code?

Pathetic, what a dude. 😂
yup, no idea why he didnt make it open source on github or something tbh, once people called it out he removed the download link here so yeah...

Reactions: niuus

alzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think, if you take somebodys work that is open source do not act like a jerk. I am in open source communities for over 20 years and saw so many impressive projects open to public that this kind of behaviour is just pathetic in my opinion.

Reactions: GustavoReis

psicotron3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I see the point about the source code not being shared, but superrsonic had made great contributions to the wii scene before and at the time he shared this, stated that he was sharing this fork but would be impossible for him to share the code (maybe, he doesn't have it anymore). We all know how hard is to find those files and document the implementation of something after some years.

He also told us that the coding for 240p and other improvements was used on his other projects (wiimc, ra-ss etc).

So, although not in the form we would like, since he shared the code for those projects, the logic to implement 240p is described there and any of us could dedicate some time to understand it and implement on Wiistation.

Press him to share something that clearly is out of his reach will only make another dev move away.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I see the point about the source code not being shared, but superrsonic had made great contributions to the wii scene before and at the time he shared this, stated that he was sharing this fork but would be impossible for him to share the code (maybe, he doesn't have it anymore)
As Extrems already commented, not providing source code is in violation of section 3 of the license. Let's say he lost the source, he would have stated that since the beginning, just in case. But he explicitly said that the code wasn't shared because GPL v2 was confusing to him/her. That's it.

but superrsonic had made great contributions to the wii scene before
Hence why this is a big black spot on its resume, sadly.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same for his retroarch cores and other cool projects. His excuse was lazyness.
Oh, well why not but zipping the source (even not clean) and uploading here takes 5 minutes. On the other hand, he surely spent hours/days on his projects...
Not sharing the source is bad whatever is the reason. No fixes, no improvements, nothing. Game Over.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Same for his retroarch cores and other cool projects. His excuse was lazyness.
Oh, well why not but zipping the source (even not clean) and uploading here takes 5 minutes. On the other hand, he surely spent hours/days on his projects...
Not sharing the source is bad whatever is the reason. No fixes, no improvements, nothing. Game Over.
Agreed.

How is supposed that we can see what is changed in the code for those fixes/improvements if we cannot get access to the source code?

Darn, it's so non-sensical that you make a fork project closed-source when you're starting from a project which was already kindly made open-source by their original developers...

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: