WiiSX Doesn't Like Me?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by JsdMaNintendo, Feb 22, 2011.

Feb 22, 2011

WiiSX Doesn't Like Me? by JsdMaNintendo at 4:42 AM (4,321 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. JsdMaNintendo
    OP

Newcomer JsdMaNintendo Advanced Member

United States
    Hi, I've recently downloaded the WiiSX Emulator from the Homebrew Channel's Homebrew Browser, but I can't get anything to work. Me and a friend were trying all last night(from like 12 to 5 am) and today from about 2 when we woke up, to 6 when I left his house, and we have only gotten two games to work on the WiiSX Emulator.
    Grand Turismo
    and Crash Bandicoot
    Thing is, Grand Turismo works fine, where as Crash Bandicoot doesn't work at all, because it wont respond to the controller. And the other game's we've tried too don't work, the main one we were working on being Silent Hill, the original. We messed around with the settings, even searched up some things on the settings, like what we should have them as, and it still wont work.
    He is on Wii 4.2U, and I'm on 4.3U, and we're using the WiiSX Beta 2.1
    Silent Hill is one of the games in the list of "compatible" games for the WiiSX. Any ideas as to why it wont work?

[​IMG] @WiiSX

2. Net_Bastard

Member Net_Bastard GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What other modifications did you do to your Wii? Does this happen with Wii64 too?

3. JsdMaNintendo
    OP

United States
    That's pretty much it. It's the red Mario Wii, 4.3U, got the HomeBrew Channel, a few emulators, and the Configurable USBLoader.

-----------
    EDIT:
    Oh, and Wii64 works just fine [​IMG] Other than just texture errors.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Have you tried matguitarist's modification? I can attest that it has faster loading speeds, and according to description, it should have better controller support as well.

It's been a while since I installed it, but IIRC, you also had to find and install a BIOS as well (from wiibrew: "For actual BIOS: Name your bios "SCPH1001.BIN" and place it on SD/USB in the directory /wiisx/bios ").

EDIT: can't comment on silent hill, as I don't have that game. I can only note that it should be either in .iso or in .bin/.cue format.

5. JsdMaNintendo
    OP

United States
    Alright, well thanks bro. I'm gonna try that.