Hacking Wii's own NES and SNES emulator broken

fushichou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I don't know amazingly much about hacking Wiis but I managed to scrape by hacking mine and getting the backup launcher up and working. It works good and well, but for some reason whenever I go to play games from the NES or SNES virtual console the screen goes black and flashes pink. When I press home the background is a perfect picture of the game as normal, but then when I go back it flashes black and pink and I can't do anything but hear audio. I'm hoping that if I undo whatever the backup launcher did it may fix it... Unless there's a fix somewhere else. Can anybody help me out?
yay.gif

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you're unconcerned about your saved data, you can get the NES and SNES emulators and download some roms. If you need a link to one of the best ROM sites, I can link you in a PM.
They have every type of Rom up until the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox era. (No Gamecube/PS2/Xbox games on the site)

I've bought some virtual console games before I was introduced to Wii hacking by my friend. (He really didn't tell me how or have a hacked Wii. He just mentioned it.)

I rarely use Nintendo's virtual console anymore except for n64 games, because there is not a good n64 emulator the Wii.

I have the Gamecube and Wii Backup Launchers installed. I have the 0.3 Gamma, 0.3 Beta, the Gamecube one,( I think it's theta) and Softmii installed. I can still play NES and SNES games through Virtual Console, although I think the emulators are better because you don't have to return to the Wii's home menu to change the game, and saving works well and all. You can even save snapshots, which is like what happens when you head home from being in the middle of a game and you can pick up where you left off, rather than at a specific save point the game has included.

I'm sorry if I didn't help you. I'm just saying that an emulator would be better. =D

malacai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did the ALL VC games work before?.. what AV cables do you have?.. had same problem before..my TV was not able via component to hande some VC games.. bought a new tv and the problem was solved... but thats just in my case.. and it was a longtime ago, and old fw. maby different today.. dono...

fushichou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
malacai said:
did the ALL VC games work before?.. what AV cables do you have?.. had same problem before..my TV was not able via component to hande some VC games.. bought a new tv and the problem was solved... but thats just in my case.. and it was a longtime ago, and old fw. maby different today.. dono...

Wow, I forgot all about this, I recently bought component cables for my wii. Went back to scart and it works fine. Thanks!
tongue.gif

And thanks for the offer games2007, I might just switch to emulators if it doesn't break when I use components, all I wanted was a bit of original Super Mario Bros.
tongue.gif

Untouchable757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be that you have a game that needs a certain ios and now that you have a lower ios its being blocked. there something for it. I saw it on a site but i cant link it to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4