Hacking wiinja unable to read disc error?????

weggie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif

Over the past few days I have been getting an error with some games. Everything is loading and working fine then all of a sudden in the middle of a game I get
unable to read disc error. I have a wiinja deluxe installed and this is the first time I have seen this. The Wii Firmware is 3.3U on a NTSC Wii.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance!

weggie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its more than one disc... I don't think its bad media as I have been using this brand (Verbatim DVD+R Printable) for a while. No other problems however, I'm open to try something else. Anyone have a good brand of printable media they can suggest?

Thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
just check the Disc ID with ImgBurn, verbatim has to be MCC 003/4/2, if it's not then you have a kind of fake verbatim, cause they went with a another company for making DVD for a while, and they discovered those where bad products and then change back to Mitsubishi Chemical Co.

weggie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First discovery:

Disc ID: MCC-004-00

So that gives me on thing to check.. since this is the simplest way to test ie: get some real verbatims and re-burn I will try that.

When looking up cleaning of the Wii disc lens it looks a little tricky and I don't want to pop this thing open again.

I will also see if I had another brand of DVD to try while waiting for the "Real" DVD's.

Here's a side note. I haven't tried it but can I make an image out of a "bad" copy and re-burn to good media? Will that work?

Thanks for all of the replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night