wiinja unable to read disc error?????

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by weggie, Jan 26, 2009.

1. weggie
    OP

weggie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]

Over the past few days I have been getting an error with some games. Everything is loading and working fine then all of a sudden in the middle of a game I get
    unable to read disc error. I have a wiinja deluxe installed and this is the first time I have seen this. The Wii Firmware is 3.3U on a NTSC Wii.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance!

2. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    bad media/burn..??

3. weggie
    OP

weggie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Well its more than one disc... I don't think its bad media as I have been using this brand (Verbatim DVD+R Printable) for a while. No other problems however, I'm open to try something else. Anyone have a good brand of printable media they can suggest?

Thanks

4. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    just check the Disc ID with ImgBurn, verbatim has to be MCC 003/4/2, if it's not then you have a kind of fake verbatim, cause they went with a another company for making DVD for a while, and they discovered those where bad products and then change back to Mitsubishi Chemical Co.

5. richglix

richglix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2009
    United States
    Clean your lens.

6. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    try DVD-Rs, i don't use anything else and i've never had a problem... ever... and they're Verbatim DVD-Rs just fyi

7. weggie
    OP

weggie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    First discovery:

Disc ID: MCC-004-00

So that gives me on thing to check.. since this is the simplest way to test ie: get some real verbatims and re-burn I will try that.

When looking up cleaning of the Wii disc lens it looks a little tricky and I don't want to pop this thing open again.

I will also see if I had another brand of DVD to try while waiting for the "Real" DVD's.

Here's a side note. I haven't tried it but can I make an image out of a "bad" copy and re-burn to good media? Will that work?

Thanks for all of the replies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice