Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Wiinja: The First Wii Modchip!

By the Ninja team

The very first Wii modchip has just been disclosed. What can I say? Oh yeah, it is real. I have seen it in action, some stores are already selling it, and we will receive a sample in the next couple of days.

wiinja.jpg

Congratulations to the Ninja team!

icon11.gif
Click here for more pictures and discussion.
icon11.gif
Click here to watch the Youtube video.

icon11.gif
For the non-believers: click here to watch another video.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What can the Wiinija actually play Costello? Is it limited to gamecube games or can it play wii games and also downloaded VC games from the interwebz?

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
that's pretty sad the system hasn't been out for even half a year, and there's mod chip already. There is no point at the moment really since there are no worth wile games out, but that means there should be a working emu soon. I guess that's the good thing about it being a weaker system in a way, because a emu should be easy to make since they have one for the gamecube
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Wii games... I have only seen wii games running.
I don't know about the others... check the topic I gave a link to in the main post.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so what does it play? The raw dumps burned on DVD-R?

I'm not too interested unless it can bypass the region protection as well, don't like the tought of having to wait just as long to download stuff as for it to come out in stores over here (ie decades)

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, so what does it play? The raw dumps burned on DVD-R?

I'm not too interested unless it can bypass the region protection as well, don't like the tought of having to wait just as long to download stuff as for it to come out in stores over here (ie decades)

It may be using a hack similar to the one on the xbox 360. The xbox 360 can only play the games locked to your region, some are region free though. I just hope nintendo don't do what they've done with the DS to europe, letting us wait months for the games. By the time we get them everyone else has got bored of playing it on online.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so what does it play? The raw dumps burned on DVD-R?

It may be using a hack similar to the one on the xbox 360. The xbox 360 can only play the games locked to your region, some are region free though. I just hope nintendo don't do what they've done with the DS to europe, letting us wait months for the games. By the time we get them everyone else has got bored of playing it on online.
Official games? Yes. But games downlpaded onto flashcarts? No.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
that's pretty sad the system hasn't been out for even half a year, and there's mod chip already. There is no point at the moment really since there are no worth wile games out, but that means there should be a working emu soon. I guess that's the good thing about it being a weaker system in a way, because a emu should be easy to make since they have one for the gamecube
smile.gif
Wario Ware and Zelda not worthwhile then?

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
Are wii games on normal dvd's?
Eg if i had the iso's could i just burn them to a dvd and read them with this?

Also great news

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: