Gaming Wiimote style device for windows PC?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I am looking for a wiimote style device to use with my media pc in place of a mouse. It doesn't need many buttons, two really and it need to be able to point at the screen in the same way a wiimote does. I don't mind using my existing sensor bar for the purpose. Also it must STAY SYNC'D to the PC, if any suggestions require having to re-sync the device every single time the remote looses power or the PC is reset, I will reach through your screen and slap you.

Before anyone says 'just use a wiimote' I am using windows 7 64bit, wiimotes do not play nice at all, not only that, my experience with previous versions of windows was irritating to say the least.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What aspect of a Wii remote does not "play nice" With 7 x64? I run it too, and I connect my Wii remote to my pc with one of those uber cheap USB bluetooth dongles from DealExtreme (they were a buck 80 a piece), and aside from having to re-sync it each time, it works just fine o.o

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
For that response sir, you deserve a slap. I shal say this in bold, so that nobody else makes the same error...

You can not properly use a wiimote in windows 7 64bit. You also can not keep a wiimote tied to a windows pc, powering down the PC or Wiimote will result in having to re-detect and reinstall the drivers every single time.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Found a wireless 'dolphin' mouse, basically is a hand held trackball, two buttons, should to the trick. Very cheap also
smile.gif

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have heard the program glovepie is used to map the wiimote to mouse/keyboard commands.

I am guessing you are already using this and using it with the supposed scripts from the forum is what you are constantly having to run to re-sync? Which requires using another input device which is what's ticking you off?

I don't suppose something like a batch file in the win7 version of the start folder to automatically sync when windows starts would help there, just not when the wii-mote shuts off when windows is running?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Windows 7 x64 on my laptop and connecting with a Wiimote is no problem at all for me. Not that I can use it all that much, since the Wiimote is my friend's and there's not much point to it since I don't have many emulators that make it useful.

But anyway, I've never had to reinstall drivers and all that unless the drivers were updated. But it's still an interesting concept. I'll have to get out an N64 emulator and try to borrow a wiimote and a classic controller to see how it works, because it's really cool. (I say classic controller since the Wiimote + Nunchuk combo doesn't have enough buttons for games that require ABZLR + D-Pad + All C Buttons + Control Stick)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The wiimote would show up in the device list, windows would install the drivers, but the 4 led's would keep flashing. Now and then some software might get it to sync properly, but usually not. the result being that it would vanish from the device list again, i'd have to search and resync, which would cause windows to install drivers again for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters