Homebrew Wiimote Emulator?

Exotica

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I lost my wii remote a little while ago and before I buy a new one, I was wondering if there was an app or program or something that emulates a real wii remote that I can use for my wii so I can get past the menu screen. Google and the Android Market only gave me apps that turn a wiimote into a controller for your phone (which is still pretty neat, but not what I'm looking for). So if anyone knows anything or have any ideas on what I could do (besides buying a new wiimote of course), I'd really appreciate it.
Just for reference, I have:
An Android Phone
Vista Computer
DSi
Wii
Thanks in advance.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't understand the purpose very well. How are you suposed to play games without Wiimote?
Why would you like to go past the menu screen?
The Wiimote has it's pointer detection and it's motion detection. What other device or program could replace that?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm..."wiimote emulator" isn't the correct term. I think he's looking to use a homebrewed wiimote (in a similar way that 2 candles can form a homebrewed sensor bar).

Though I think this is more of a question for the hardware department, I seriously doubt it exists. While it may sound theoretically simple to have a bluetooth device scan for heat spots, search for two that have the correct distance to one another, and use the distance to those two to determine where you're pointing your emu-wiimote at*...there's quite some mathematics involved if you have to do that from scratch.
The motion detection...is there an android phone on the market with that stuff enabled? The DSi certainly hasn't, and how you're going to use "a vista PC" as a wiimote is beyond me (I can't help but see a mental image of one holding his mouse, still connected to his pc, up in the air in front of his television, wondering if he should update his mouse drivers).

So...no. Sorry, but I'd go with the new wiimote. At least you can connect that to your nunchuck, guitar, classic controller or any other stuff without issues.

*okay...now it's written down like this, it doesn't sound that simple.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Wever said:
I can't help but see a mental image of one holding his mouse, still connected to his pc, up in the air in front of his television, wondering if he should update his mouse drivers
LOL

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know you can set the wii mote controls to emulated wii mote and use that. but if you are like me and have a bluetooth device sitting around you can buy a wii mote again .
smile.gif

Posts merged

petspeed said:
Wever said:
I can't help but see a mental image of one holding his mouse, still connected to his pc, up in the air in front of his television, wondering if he should update his mouse drivers
LOL
dude be careful delete that your gonna get a warning

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarioandLuigi150 said:
You know you can set the wii mote controls to emulated wii mote and use that. but if you are like me and have a bluetooth device sitting around you can buy a wii mote again .
smile.gif

Posts merged

petspeed said:
Wever said:
LOL
dude be careful delete that your gonna get a warning

he is using a real wii, not dolphin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ