Homebrew WiiMC youtube functionality broken?

Wizz Robes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably already know the answer, but does anyone know if WiiMC is still being worked on? The youtube functionality has been broken for months, and it seems the forums are basically dead. If it's not, anyone else working on updating the youtube support for it? Would be a shame for it to die, as it's a great app.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I agree it is a phenomenal Wii app. Personally, i use official Wii youtube app for Youtube streaming now, but it would be nice to have WiiMC online media working as well.

Wizz Robes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree it is a phenomenal Wii app. Personally, i use official Wii youtube app for Youtube streaming now, but it would be nice to have WiiMC online media working as well.

The problem with the official youtube app is while it plays videos alright, I'm unable with 95% of the videos to fast forward or rewind. And I've read I'm not the only one with that problem. Not sure how to fix it...if it's even fixable.

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem with the official youtube app is while it plays videos alright, I'm unable with 95% of the videos to fast forward or rewind. And I've read I'm not the only one with that problem. Not sure how to fix it...if it's even fixable.
I read somewhere that the buffering depends on the remaining memory on the wii itself. I had to delete big vc files to free up some space. It loads and runs better now, for me anyways.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes youtube wiimc its broken... the youtube channel can be mod.. maybe for use usb fat32 for cache ecc... thats why wiimc its better .. i hope the wiimc dev update it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night