Homebrew WiiMC SMB problem

egurgle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi guys,,, Im having problems with WiiMC through Network (SMB) files. I can watch movies using PenDriver without any problem but, if i use SMB share i can see only 5-10min and screen becomes freezed, then I need hold power 5sec.
I tried reinstall all IOS 202: hermes v4, v5, v5.1, wiimc, mplayerCE cios installer and always same problem.
My Wii is 4.1u, cIOS 249 rev19 (base 38), Hermes v5.1.
Im using Windows 7 x64.
Any ideas???
tyvm

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find that the SMB can be unstable. Some times it plays whole movies without a problem other times it crashes repeatedly when playing a short video. It doesn't seem to have as many problems when playing over USB.

I'm assuming that other have this problem and not just me.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
egurgle said:
hi guys,,, Im having problems with WiiMC through Network (SMB) files. I can watch movies using PenDriver without any problem but, if i use SMB share i can see only 5-10min and screen becomes freezed, then I need hold power 5sec.
I tried reinstall all IOS 202: hermes v4, v5, v5.1, wiimc, mplayerCE cios installer and always same problem.
My Wii is 4.1u, cIOS 249 rev19 (base 38), Hermes v5.1.
Im using Windows 7 x64.
Any ideas???
tyvm

Well I know this will not help much, but it works fine for me with SMB. You may want to check the rate at which your files were encoded, anything with video over 900Kbps causes issues for me.

egurgle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
all video files are below 900kbps. and i dont use power management (always full power)
more ideas?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to piggyback on the OP but I figure its best to place all SMB questions here rather than opening a 1,000 threads. I'm kinda confused... Could someone explain something to me? The following may seem self explanatory but they can be placed into many context. I'm on the SMB screen of Wii VNC and I'm confused with the "meaning" of a few items? BTW I'm trying to connect a Windows 7 PC if this helps...

Display Name (Is this the name the PC calls itself?)

Share IP (I already know this so skip it)

Share Name (Same question as the "Display Name")

Username Now is this the same as the other two or the user name for my Windows 7 account?)

Password (Is this the same as the password I use to log into my PC with WiiVNC?)

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Display Name (Is this the name the PC calls itself?) yes

Share Name (Same question as the "Display Name")the name of the share on your pc like "public", "C:", "user". set this in the share tab in folder properties

Username Now is this the same as the other two or the user name for my Windows 7 account?)

Password (Is this the same as the password I use to log into my PC with WiiVNC?)

egurgle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
LightyKD,,, setup your WiiMC using this method:

Display name: Movies (this will be showed in Main screen - just a name)
Share Ip: 192.168.1.1 (your computer IP)
Share Name: movies (this is the name of your shared folder - pc folder)
username: user (your windows 7 username)
password: password (your windows 7 password)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the replies I received. Thanks a lot for all of your help
smile.gif

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Sorry to piggyback on the OP but I figure its best to place all SMB questions here rather than opening a 1,000 threads. I'm kinda confused... Could someone explain something to me? The following may seem self explanatory but they can be placed into many context. I'm on the SMB screen of Wii VNC and I'm confused with the "meaning" of a few items? BTW I'm trying to connect a Windows 7 PC if this helps...

Display Name (Is this the name the PC calls itself?)

Share Name (Same question as the "Display Name")

Just to give you a few more accurate answers:

Display Name - This is how the share will be labeled in WiiMC, think friendly name.
Share Name - This is the name of the share on the pc, normally it is the name of the folder being shared, but share names are configurable so double check.

As for the username/password, you are prolly best creating a separate login for your wii. My reasoning behind this is should you change your login information or want to limit what files the wii can access, then it can be done without having to alter things on the wii or on the pc once they are setup.

egurgle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i tried Full Power Mode without energy safe - nothing; same to network card - i turned off its power management too and nothing again,,,,
and now all my ideas are over.
but im sure is a wireless problem and no power management influences.
any ideas?
btw,,, i tried MTU 1480 and 1500 too,,, nothing again
frown.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well if you use Window 7 you need to deactivate a setting to allow access to directories without any password i´m just not sure how it´s named in english
smile.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FGOD said:
any ideas?
Yep, my Windows 7 is also german like nIxx' but I have a english language pack installed, I will activate it now and make pictures to show you how you can turn off password
yaywii.gif

edit: and here we go:
1. Open up the Start - Contol Panel
2. Open up HomeGroup (symbol:
third.jpg
)
3. Go to advanced settings:
firsti.jpg

4. Scroll down, disable password and save:
secondti.jpg

That's it!

Site & Scene News