Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
davidsl_128 said:
Does it work with Hermes' IOS202? Or do I have to install the one on the WiiCM page?

It is Hermes IOS 202 v5 with IOS57 as a base. Anything else (another version or base) will not work as well and may cause various issues. In other words, you can try it but don't come complaining if you experience any crashes or the like.

jaynjolie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a lexar 8GB SDHC platinum 2 60X write speed ....card opens WIIMC GUI buts fails to read any files or settings from the card itself and exits in code dump (this is my main card for wii)......also have a kodak 4GB SDHC which loads and operates perfectly reading all files on the card... ..just thought i point out this minor flaw with some SD cards

great job guys and a major step up ..lookin forward for the next release and hope it runs on my 8GB...

oh and by the way i also had this same prob with some versions of MPLAYER-CE (0.76)

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Any chance the app code dumps if there's more than one thing plugged into the USB?

I code dumped with everything I tried while my HDD was plugged in the outside USB and a PS3 charger cord was plugged in the inside.

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Does thing not support Mp4 & M4A. i tried playing a podcast and it didn't show the files.
it plays avi's perfect though

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thank you Tantric for your hard work, much appreciated
smile.gif

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tantric said:
davidsl_128 said:
Does it work with Hermes' IOS202? Or do I have to install the one on the WiiCM page?

It is Hermes IOS 202 v5 with IOS57 as a base. Anything else (another version or base) will not work as well and may cause various issues. In other words, you can try it but don't come complaining if you experience any crashes or the like.

Using the newer 202 from the WiiMC page over my older one has made some huge differences for me pause and seek/fast-forward now work how they should and overall stability appears to have increased.

Big thanks to Tantric and the team for another great app I look forward to future updates.

cheatmaster5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love the look it is reading and play movies great off my fat32 drive but after installing the ios 202 my mplayer ce no longer works.

edit
mplayer is now work and I am loving wiimc I tried everything picture view, played music, some video files, and dvd all worked great.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just read this entire thread, ATD removed my ios202v5 base 60 > installed ios202v5 base 57, and WiiMC still code dumps.

I tested my fat32 partition, DVD disk, divx disc.. All fail.

Tried going back to mplayer and fat32, DVD, divx discs all work with 202v5 base 57...

What gives with WiiMC? I really wanna use it!

TheWiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
TheWiiNinja said:
loesjoel said:
Bummer, same code dump for me as the rest of them. Tried loading USB/SD/DVD/streaming and all had the same error.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem myself, it code dumps when i try to load anything, whether it be on FAT32 or NTFS on my hard drive or my SD card.

EDIT: Problem solved thanks to the No Reload fix found here: [url=http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/downloads/d...No%20Reload.zip]http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/downloads/d...No%20Reload.zip[/url]

That's NOT a fix. That's just version 1.0.0 that doesn't reload if it crashes. So you can write down the crash info. Mind you I already have plenty of crash info, it's all the same from everyone, and it all points to libntfs. So just be patient please.

Yeah, sorry about that. It seems when I tried it out, I didn't have my hard drive in, and I just tried an AVI file from my SD card and it worked, so I presumed everything else did. Poor testing on my part.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to restate what's been posted on WiiMC's forum: If someone has an NTFS partition on their USB drive, there's a possibility of this app crashing, even if you're not accessing anything on the USB HDD.

So workarounds are to 1) unplug USB HDD, 2) reformat to FAT 3) wait for an update that fixes the issue

Aside from the crashes and code dumps, really amazing app!

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Just a quick question, will this work without an SD card (embeded in a channel)? I'm doing a channel - will post as soon as I finish! - and I don't know if I should do a forwarder and an embeded channel or only the forwarder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1