WiiMC (dsi) exception

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jooozek, Aug 19, 2012.

Aug 19, 2012

WiiMC (dsi) exception by jooozek at 9:35 PM (1,196 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jooozek
    OP

Newcomer jooozek Advanced Member

Poland
    I've tried today to playback some xvid file from my USB pendrive (goodram 16GB), it launched successfully, played back the video without any problems. Then I try it later again and suddenly I'm getting (dsi) exception while trying to launch the same file. I've uninstalled WiiMC off my card, checked if there was any leftovers in apps from it and there was none so I proceeded to install it again and that did nothing. HBC is using IOS58, same goes for WiiMC. I've ran their tool for testing USB and this is the result:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

EDIT: now I tried again after switching default sbutitles language to English and lowering their size to 1.0 and colour to yellow and it worked.
    EDIT2: after a reboot it doesn't work again
    EDIT3: I've dropped the same file on the SD card and trying to launch it also causes a (dsi) exception, I don't really know now what to do
    EDIT4: removed the line from meta.xml from the wiimc directory and after 3 reboots, it worked every single time, now it works too

2. Tantric

Member Tantric GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Are you running the latest HBC?

3. jooozek
    OP

Poland
    I'm running 1.1.0 (IOS58 v24.32).

4. tstwitter

Newcomer tstwitter Advanced Member

Canada
    I have had similar problems. My issue was the use of fat32format.exe to format my drives (thumb drives or 1TB usb drives) as fat32. Replaced my fat32 program with Acronis Backup and Restore / Disk Management area and all is fine now. WiiMC no longer crashes :)

5. jooozek
    OP

Poland
    So I can confirm that removing really fixed it for me.