Hacking Wiikey's site is down...

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They had a problem puting up some kind of message telling us the site has problems. It's a bit of a problem, but I've been assured that the problem will not persist and will cease to be a problem... very soon.

I heard that a fat man sat on the server and that caused the problem!
That's a whole lot of times you typed "problem" there.
Might want to watch out using the word problem so much, it makes reading your post a bit of a problem and that's a problem when you need to get a message out about a problem.

problem..
wacko.gif

linFox

Trophies
Website
www.linfoxdomain.com
XP
Country
The site's back up.

Wiikey Team said:
Server Failure

wiikey.cn has been down for the past 48 hours due to a catastrophic hard disk failure. The site has since been restored from backup, but unfortunately the MySQL database powering the site could not be recovered.

As a result of the loss of the database, both the "News" and "Resellers" sections have been lost. Resellers wishing to remain on the list are asked to contact us with their details for re-inclusion. Sorry for the inconvenience!

andyfreeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just spotted this posted on their site.

http://www.wiikey.cn/news.html

Server Failure

wiikey.cn has been down for the past 48 hours due to a catastrophic hard disk failure. The site has since been restored from backup, but unfortunately the MySQL database powering the site could not be recovered.

As a result of the loss of the database, both the "News" and "Resellers" sections have been lost. Resellers wishing to remain on the list are asked to contact us with their details for re-inclusion. Sorry for the inconvenience!

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Aww, man. Now what do the haters have to hang on? I bet the Wiikey team felt so very, very sad for closing up shop and skipping town, that they got back to work.

Or, like I said, the web site is lower priority on their list of things to do. It's not like they're selling right from there, and it's vital to keep money rolling in. What's odd though, is they use a database to hold the news and resellers lists. Those weren't that loaded with items and hard to track. The resellers had like 3 or so per continent. With all the clones, you'd think they would have at least kept that list somewhere important...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Wake up, it's da first of da month