Wiikey Update.....Update

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I read the statement just that at worst, they'd leave the clones alone. As fun as it would be here and other forums to watch the kids bitch about how WiiKey screwed them, the company would still get bad-mouthed to no end. There are bad installers (one posted here recently) that claim to sell legit Wiikey installs but use clone chips.

There are just too many clones out in the world. It would result in too much bad press for them if they bricked those chips.

Wiikey arn't screwing anyone, if anyone is being screwed it Wiikey out of the money for a real chio. You don't even know if its the same build as the wiikey (Soldering, parts used etc...). If the do decide or can brick the fake chips, you've taken the risk of buying a clone.

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good news that it's coming soon...
grog.gif

mastermaw

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sure this has been mentioned before... but so-called "clones" will be identical to originals in everything but price. Don't over-estimate the complexity of these devices; the wiikey is essence an 8pin chip on a circuit-board, and the programmed code readable and and easily duplicated.

maw.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no they didn't change their mind.

I think they don't want the firmware to work on the clones, but they never wished to break a user's wii or render the clone inactive. only detectable and not upgradeable.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just want to play Naruto GNT4,Naruto's Wii game,and Ikaruga.

Hurry up update =D

Woah. Ikaruga isn't working with the Wiikey? Is that for sure going to be fixed? This was one of the main reasons that I was going to be modding my Wii this weekend. :'(

Edit: Sonofabitch. That streaming audio shit is on Ikaruga and therefore the backups don't work. Now I really want to see that damn update.

yaesumofo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
These designs are easily copied. in fact I would bet that they are all (the ccfake and real) made in the same factory. If you own the factory and are contracted to make 10,000 units all you have to do is tack on another 2000-3000 for your own profit. You don't need to spend cash on the development or anything else.

unless they receive a permanent serial number it is very difficult to tell the difference between real and fake.

The pharmaceutical companies are fighting the same fight with Chinese companies cloning medicine pills and selling them here cheap. usually the do not have any active ingredient.
The best way to combat this s buy from reputable shops only and if the goods appear to be fake send them back.
Yaesumofo

D1MX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Update on Wiikey website!!!!!!

Put on front page news!

-Straight from Wiikey.cn-

"Wiikey update: ETA 1 week!
We have received positive news from the developers. The long-awaited upgrade to wiikey is basically finished, and is now being tested on different systems to ensure that is is working smoothly. We expect that it will be available to the public around May 15.

We would also like to point out that making the upgrade incompatible with clones have not caused any delays in the process."

HOORAY!!!

killer23d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiikey update 1.9b

A leaked version of the wiikey firmware update is available on several websites. While the leaked firmware is indeed working and has all of the announced features, it has not yet been fully tested and does not come with the configuration and recovery discs. A full version will be available from wiikey.cn very soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo