Hacking Wiikey Update finally released

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, it will still show this message. The reason for this is because the "update" fuse is set incorrectly. So any update will not work.

I don't know of any update the patches a game for audiofix.. I don't think it would work that way.

If you can't get in touch with your old modder just get a new one. I'm assuming your chip is a WiiFree or Openwii chip with Wiikey software. So it should be enough people out there you can find to help you reprogram the chip.

Hope that helps.

Wanted to flash wiikey last night with 1.9b but it failed after test.

QUOTE said:
ERROR: Please check your connections and try again.

Now, i searched the forum to a similair problem but didn't find it , maybe some1 here can point me out to the right direction?

Bring it back to your modder. They programmed the chip wrong. Tell them to update the wiikey.hex. It'll work after that.
The reason why you get an error is because the previous hex had one of the fuse values wrong.

So is this the only way? When Wiikey ofically releases their update, it will still show this mesage?

If so is there another way, like patching an iso directly, to fix audiofix?

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And kind of funny, Wiikey team announced they would release a proper version "very soon"... in Wiikey team time that brings us to about October 2nd, 2009. It's really unbelievable...

Yeah!!! I second this!!!

When I saw the wiikey update in the wild I figured that it's done and ready for release. Then saw the wiiKey.cn news update "A full version will be available from wiikey.cn very soon." so figured I'd await the ~offical~ release...

Still nothing?!?!
blink.gif

Overall I guess it's ok... good to see it unofficially released - it's least we know that a new version actually does exist and it wasn't all BS.
wink.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i hope someone releases a hacked 1.3 config disc, i want regionfree gamecube games without having to use gcos to boot my usa import games!

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I initially too just figured "Ah, the hell, if Wiikey is gonna release the official thing soon, I can go with that, too"

Well, with every passing day, I'm growing closer to just use the damn thing, so I can finally play Ikaruga and Eternal Darkness

Jesper64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So to confirm, after the update the WiiKey will NOT direct boot GameCube import backup games. To get a GameCube import backup game to work you will need to use GCOS. Is that correct?

Secondly, do any of the current chips support direct booting of GameCube import backup games. eg Cyclowiz?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I feel like asking this before updating:Can I play Gamecube's Naruto clash of ninja 2 and Bleach wii Shiraha Kirameku Rinbukyoku?
Edit:No I can'tÂ
hate2.gif
Â
frown.gif
All gamecube games with audio streaming work 100% after the update. Some say you have to delete savegames tho.
And the wiikey CAN boot import gamecube games, but we can't enable that feature yet as the setup disc isn't available yet. Just burn a separate GCOS disc so u can boot them anyway. (or rip it and stick it in a gcos multiboot disc)

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've installed a wiikey chip correctly, then i run the firmware update and it goes to 100% and says error check your connections.

but i checked all connections twice now and also with a multimeter, thats not the problem.

i think maybe the chip is a clone and thats why it wont update?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The clones are still meant to update. I can't see what the problem could be. Maybe it could be an error on the dvd-r itself, have you tried rewriting it? Every time this topic gets bumped I think the firmware has been officially released. This has been out for around 3 weeks now and still no sign of wiikey getting their fingers out and releasing it officially.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I too am getting the "ERROR: check your connections" message. I reburned the image twice and I get same problem. I got my wii modded from a store nearby (297chip.ca). Does this mean I absolutely have to go back to these bastards make em rip open my wii again, unsolder the chip, reprogram the chip, resolder back to the wii? Or is this problem the reason why the WiiKey team is taking so fucking long for the official release?

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they solder the connection point for the DVD upgrade? I would imagine if they didn't it was a pretty sneaky bastard thing of them to do, it'd make you come back and they'd charge you again.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, they advertise on their website that the chip is upgradable via dvd. So if they didn't solder the connection for it, I'd like to hope it was purely accidental. As far as charging for an upgrade, they also claim a lifetime satisfaction warranty and if I have any problems with the chip to come back and get it repaired or replaced free of charge. Hopefully this falls under that protection. If they try and charge me for it I'm going to be pissed.

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dam wiikey is gonna released very soon now they said. In wiikey team time that is about over half a year at least ~.~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi,tbh i think im not interested in whats going on irl