Hacking Wiikey Update Delayed Again!

pipesfranco

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@pipesfranco

who said anything about 2 wii games on one disc? That hasn't been figured out yet and would probably require a proper modchip to pull off. The DVD9 support would be mostly for filling up DL media with as many gamecube games as you can fit with GCOS.

Straight from the horses mouth / website wiikey.cn

"Supports multi-disc games for BOTH Wii and Gamecube"

For both

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@pipesfranco

who said anything about 2 wii games on one disc? That hasn't been figured out yet and would probably require a proper modchip to pull off. The DVD9 support would be mostly for filling up DL media with as many gamecube games as you can fit with GCOS.

Straight from the horses mouth / website wiikey.cn

"Supports multi-disc games for BOTH Wii and Gamecube"

For both

Multi-disc != Multi-game disc...

Multi-disc is something like a 2 disc game (Idon't know any exemple for Wii)

anyway....
sleep.gif

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It come down to this, do you want a stable upgrade or one which creates a bad flash and you have to back to v1.2?

I really don't mind waiting, for now what can the upgrade really offer apart from 2 wii games on one disk and better support for full region support.

The latter being the most important area.

I agree with you that I'd want a stable firmware upgrade over one that could possibly brick your system. My only problem is that even though the WiiKey team is taking a long time releasing this firmware, no one really knows if the reason for the long wait is because WiiKey is throughly testing the firmware. They could possibly be taking a long time because they were trying to find ways to stop clones from working with the firmware (yes, I know they said that wasn't the reason for the long wait even though before that they said it was the reason for the long wait) before they release said firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.