leocamilo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassincy said:
Nin10doFan said:
assassincy said:
Sorry for my newbiness, but I tried to update my Wiikey and it came up with some error saying to check connections or something. Can anyone tell me wat's up with it or how to fix it?

Do other backups works? Or is it just that one?

Yes, my "games" still work. It just doesn't wanna update. Tried it a few times and got the same thing. Other than that, my wii + wiikey is working fine. My suspicion was that my chip wasn't a wiikey coz i bought it already modded, but i confirmed again with the seller and he was pretty sure it was a wiikey. So any ideas on why i can't update?

I was having the same problem as you. It turned out that my chip wasn't wiikey.

assassincy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
leocamilo said:
assassincy said:
Nin10doFan said:
assassincy said:
Sorry for my newbiness, but I tried to update my Wiikey and it came up with some error saying to check connections or something. Can anyone tell me wat's up with it or how to fix it?

Do other backups works? Or is it just that one?

Yes, my "games" still work. It just doesn't wanna update. Tried it a few times and got the same thing. Other than that, my wii + wiikey is working fine. My suspicion was that my chip wasn't a wiikey coz i bought it already modded, but i confirmed again with the seller and he was pretty sure it was a wiikey. So any ideas on why i can't update?

I was having the same problem as you. It turned out that my chip wasn't wiikey.

So how do I know for sure what chip i have? I have no experience with opening up the wii and don't really wanna risk screwing it up. the seller insists that it was a wiikey, but i'm guessing it may be a clone then. is that a possibility?

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well.. I took some 30 minute effort now.. thank you WiiKey team.. I made a major Wiki update.. not that the Wiki now covers THREE WiiKey versions - thanks to the efforts of the WiiKey team people really have their reasons why to have one of them.

(click to enlarge)

Addition: the screenshot is edited to only show WiiKey - no other modchips were edited or removed!

Descriptions (also on Wiki):
% Indeed fixes the reading speed to 3x but doesn't allow setting it to 6x for backups!
$ Can't play PAL backups if region free is enabled (even on PAL Wiis) - for originals region free works flawlessly!

What I'd like to know - is there anything I'd have to fix about that or did I do a correct seperation.. or was this not necessary now having 3 wiikey columns? I thought it was - because people have their reasons to use them.

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
epu708 said:
that means I'll stick to ol 1.9g. my only problem is the audiofix. hope wiikey team still eager to release a fix.

We can only hope. Maybe we should pray
smile.gif

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So really, the best way to go if you want 6x is to run 1.9b and then patch SMG and other 001 protected games with trucha? Perhaps we can cross our fingers and they will release a final fix re-enabling 6x read speed for backups.... :crosses fingers:

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HaTaX said:
So really, the best way to go if you want 6x is to run 1.9b and then patch SMG and other 001 protected games with trucha? Perhaps we can cross our fingers and they will release a final fix re-enabling 6x read speed for backups.... :crosses fingers:
That's what I had before but R-/+DL disc still read at 3x with 1.9b.

I'm on 1.9s/x because I like to run my original US Brawl.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just gone back to 1.9g, the audiofix problem for PAL Wiis was the thing that made my mind up. I can't see them fixiong it either considering this was the last update
frown.gif

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, still waiting for an official 1.9s U.S. config disc so I can upgrade.
I'm a little worried about audio fix problems... but so far this is limited to PAL systems? I wish all the results everyone's having weren't so mixed...

sabatino

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i just ran the update, and tested a game with an update, and when dev mode is on, it really blocks the update
biggrin.gif

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
How can this be the final release if 2 major things are still broken (Drive Speed & GC audio), have the WiiKey Team actually said it was their final release?

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me....

I tried both versions of the conf disc 1.9s update..... the one from Wiikey's site and the leaked 9.5mb version and still i get "ERROR" my wii doesn't recognize the discs. I always burn games with IMGBRN 3X, but no luck getting the config disc to work???

What is the difference between Wiikey 1.9s and and the 1.9s confg disc, because I need to get Mario Kart to work on my NTSC??

Thanks sosodef

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
sosodef said:
abc99 said:
FYI

The US version of the 1.9s config disk is now up:

http://wiikey.cn/resources.html

AND IT DON'T WORK FOR EVERYONE!!!!
here's the solution that's been found:

1. extract the rar archive
2. compress the iso to another rar archive
3. extract it to a new location
4. ?????
5. profit

Legah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can download the fixed ISO of WiiKey Config 1.4 from Eurasia (h--p://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=122)

ohnoeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would 1.9s fix a semi-bricked wii with the settings menu fucked up? Or is that solution left to future game updates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm NEVER horny