Hacking WiiKey "Unable to read disc" errors

Oro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Wiikey to play Brawl. I have an NTSC-U Wii firmware version 3.1U. I was able to update WiiKey to 1.9g just fine and used WiiKey config 1.3 to set the region override on. I was able to play backup and original Wii games and original game cube games. I got the SL image of Brawl and burned it. I put it in and it did the update it needed. I didn't do the MP3 trick, so I got the extra channels. After it did the update though, when I'd start the game I'd get the "Error #001" message. I tried it many times, and burned extra copies, patched with RegionFrii and BrickBlocker, and all of them gave the same error.

Everything else was still working fine except for SSBB. Just as a test, I used the 1.9b upgrade disc to downgrade to 1.9b. I tried SSBB again and of course got the same error. I upgraded to 1.9g again, and then used the Config disc to turn region override on. I tried Brawl and got a the "Unable to read disc" error. Since then, every disc I use, whether original or backup, Wii or GCN, gives that same error. I tried using the 1.9b Recovery disc, but that had no effect.

I tried asking about this in one of the SSBB threads, but since this is more of a general Wiikey question than an SSBB question, I hoped to get better responses in a new thread. Am I screwed? Is there anyway to recover the Wiikey? Would removing the Wiikey at least let me play original discs again?

Thanks in advance.

ozz3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when it gave you the error, did you reset the wii? i think you probably did, but just checkin.

also this is further proof that the mp3 trick is safer.

is your wii dvd speed 6x?

Oro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when it gave you the error, did you reset the wii? i think you probably did, but just checkin.

also this is further proof that the mp3 trick is safer.

is your wii dvd speed 6x?

Yeah, I've tried resetting my Wii, turning it off and back on, everything. I don't think this has anything to do with MP3 or non-MP3 trick, because it didn't other people have had success without it, and this trouble didn't start until I downgraded, then upgraded, then changed the Config. This isn't a Wii firmware issue, it's an issue with the modchip.

The speed should be set at 6x, but I can't get into Wiikey Config to change that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol