Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, another game not working. Not like it was going to be worth playing (to most) but it's always best to have more compatibility..
Let's hope we hear some news from the WiiKey team soon!

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
minor update on some games. I look forward to an update (if possible) from Xeno team on fixing the region issue. Obviously not perfect yet but pretty darn good for an initial release. I appreciate the kind comments but to all those pming me about games....I will not tell you where to download games etc.....there are plenty of clues around even this forum if you search hard enough. Happy gaming everyone.

Thanks for giving us the great "news" I am sure the "groups" of people here are very happy with what your doing. I agree that people should look for clues to find the games. Of course they should own the games and not dl them.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone planning to buy Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX from play-asia to test whether it works or not on modded US Wii??

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tama_mog, with what speed did you burn your discs?

Btw, are you a drummer?
wink.gif

shinnosuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Will the original DVD of Crayon Shinchan and Naruto work?
I've ordered Crayon Shinchan...I'll scream if it doesnt work... T_T

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
anyone planning to buy Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX from play-asia to test whether it works or not on modded US Wii??

A friend of mine has an import of Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX and he was planning on installing his WiiKey this weekend. I will see what he has to say and report back.

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nah I am not a drummer, but I guess it was mthrnite's interpreation of my handle, seems like TAMA is a drum company or something. Like rkenshin says, I burn @ 4x and I've been religiously doing this since PS1 on all games....never had a problem....I figure I got plenty of other stuff to do on the comp while I burn anyways, maybe even watch a movie or some tv shows. In respect to shinnosuke's question, if I were to venture an educated guess, I believe there is nothing wrong with the Naruto or Crayon Shinchan dump from Caravan.....this is because I hear reports of these games running on their japanese wii with a wiikey. It's most definitely a region issue in my opinion, so if you ordered crayon shinchan for your US wii, chances are it's not going to work. But good luck.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i sent an email to the wiikey team asking about the problem with Naruto game, but i have not gotten any reply yet. It could be either it is impossible to get the game working with just an update, or there is no chance that other region could play that game (these are just my assumptions)

anyways, one person managed to play the previous version of Naruto series (GNT4, GNT3, GNT2) but he stated that he made his own backup (not the downloaded one) so i'm assuming that if you have the imported version of Naruto (original) you could play it on your modded Wii. other than that, it will not work (well it did work for me, but the game hanged after a while)

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated with latest NTSC releases....I'm probably not going to test PAL games anymore from what I see of Tiger Woods....even if it works and runs the aspect ratio may be distorted for me on the tv.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to add that Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII PAL works on NTSC/U (but i'm not sure about the display ratio.. it looks just fine to me.. i'll try using the NTSC version in the future to see whether there is a significant difference or not)

And also The Godfather Blackhand Edition (U) and Cooking Mama (U) work just fine on my NTSC/U Wii.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw on Maxconsole in one of those fantastic versus threads where one user said that the Wiikey had problems with audio streaming GC games and the CycloWiz didn't..

Is that the truth to any degree and what games have audio streaming so I can ask my friend with a WiiKey to test out?

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
interesting question....did they mention a specfic game in question? If so I could try it out to see if it's a problem. Also I stopped updating this list since it seems like most people don't need it anymore heh. I've been just testing NTSC releases anyways from now (Japanese and US).

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about the Naruto series? I could not even get the Clash of Ninja 2 (NTSC/U) to work on my NTSC/U Wii.

burnsams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that the Wiikey has issues with Audio Streaming GC games... I tried IKARUGA and it locked up before the 1st level. I also heard from various sources other games like Eternal Darkness not working (even the original!!), and all the naruto games for example.

It is said that the Xeno Team already has this problem fixed in a new update, but Ive been waiting for it for about 2 weeks and nothing... So far Im a little disappointed with the support from Xeno team, they are taking too long with updates (since they reported it as ready about 3 weeks ago) and I ve yet to see they answer an user email...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.