Hacking WiiKey Fusion + System Menu 4.3?

ZarlacMing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I just got my WiiKey Fusion and upgraded it to firmware 1.2 and it works fine, except for one game. I thought i'd try to upgrade the Wii System menu to version 4.3, is it a good or bad idea? I currently run 4.1E.
Anyone who has tried this already?
I just want to make sure that my WiiKey Fusion will still work after an upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
4.2 and 4.3 do pretty much nothing but (try to) get rid of homebrew. So even if your wiikey fusion works after that (and I must admit I don't know: I haven't heard anything of hardmod compatibility with 4.3 yet)...the chances that that one game is going to play is lower than hell freezing over.
smile.gif

ZarlacMing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the input. I haven't heard or found anything about hardmod compatibility either. The only thing I found are some fuzzy hints that points to that the game need System Menu 4.2 or 4.3 to run. It seems that the System Menu 4.2 comes on the game DVD.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You will in any case softmod your wii if you have the wiikey fusion, since the dvd dumper feature is not present in the current 1.2 update.

If you don't prefer to update your wii and softmod, the wiikey fusion has a disc update block feature in the settings option. It won't block you from manually updating though.

The wiikey fusion doesn't really care what version of the wii firmware you got running to work.

IMG_150350b.jpg

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
Generally hardmods arent affected by firmware updates. Though I am pretty sure SSB Brawl backups don't work on firmware 3.3+.No disk will work if its been fakesigned though, not something to worry about unless you use modified ISO's.

T

The Jackal

ZarlacMing said:
Hi,

I just got my WiiKey Fusion and upgraded it to firmware 1.2 and it works fine, except for one game. I thought i'd try to upgrade the Wii System menu to version 4.3, is it a good or bad idea? I currently run 4.1E.
Anyone who has tried this already?
I just want to make sure that my WiiKey Fusion will still work after an upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Hi! (tjena
smile.gif
)
I too installed a Wiikey Fusion the other day in my Wii Black Edition.
Updated to Wiikey Fusion firmware 1.2.

I'm running System Menu 4.2E and everything I throw at the chip works.

I would recommend updating using a gamedisc which carries firmware (Wii Menu) 4.2, for the time being.

Before updating, make sure the region of the game matches your Wii console, I'm guessing PAL considering
you're swedish. This is crucial, as updating via games from other regions could brick your system.
Don't mix PAL-systems with NTSC-updates or vice versa.

You'll probably have to configure the "Update blocker" in the Wiikey-menu to allow upgrades, as it's ON
by default.

As everyone else stated, I'm not sure either if 4.3 affects the chip. The Wiikey Fusion homepage has no
information regarding the newly released system software. One would suspect they'd put something like
"Don't upgrade to 4.3!" in their News-section if it could cause the chip to malfunction.

Future games will most likely require 4.3 so I'm hoping to get some confirmation on this as well.

T

The Jackal

Hi Martin,

Yes, your chip will continue to work the same as it does on 4.2E if you upgrade to 4.3

Wiikey Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday June 26, 2010 11:13 AM
Subject: Wiikey Feedback: Tech Support

Subject: Tech Support

Hi!
I've updated my Wiikey Fusion firmware to 1.2 and am running Wii Console System Software 4.2E.

System software 4.3 just got released the other day and I was wondering if it's safe to update my Wii to 4.3?

Regards,
Martin

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

ZarlacMing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, (hej hej
cool.gif
)

I should probably try to update the System Menu then, the worst thing that could happen is that i have to buy a new Wii
biggrin.gif

And it looks like it should be no problem according to your conversation with the WiiKey support.

Thank you very much for the info. I'll post how it went.

ZarlacMing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have now upgraded to System Menu 4.3E and the WiiKey still works perfectly. The game that previously didn't work now loads successfully
smile.gif

I did the upgrade via the Wii Settings menu and downloaded the upgrade from the Internet instead.

I am happy, thanks for the help. I hope someone else get their question answered by this thread since there was very little information out there about the problem.

Problem solved.

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
ZarlacMing said:
Hi,

The game that previously didn't work now loads successfully
smile.gif
hmm then you probabally didnt have the right ios on your wii to run the game and it was installed with the 4.3 update. though im not all that sure that you would care about what that means. not that i could blame you either as long as it works.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a Wiikey (the first one) and after installing 4.2 I couldn't play other regions anymore. So I went back to 4.1 again. I tried to find out if the same was the case with 4.3. I have been asking this question several times on this board but never got an answer. I still don't know if installing 4.3 will block other region discs.
frown.gif

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
George Dawes said:
Yes, 4.3 is the same as 4.2 - out of region games will no longer work with your modchip.
Since when was that the case? I stopped keeping up with modchips after I installed a USB loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2