Wiikey Brickblocker 1.4 Config help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gamesphere, Nov 27, 2008.

Nov 27, 2008
  1. Gamesphere
    OP

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sup,

I recently updated my V1 Wiikey to 1.9s firmware to use the new 1.4 Config disc. My intentions were to get my Wiikey configured for the awaiting Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom( Can't wait!) My Wiikey is updated and I put in the 1.4 Config Disc. It Booted fine, Configures fine, Turned on the Region Free and Blocked Updates. I ran a PAL copy of DBZ BT2, My NTSC-U Wii recognized it fine, Splash screen and all.

But here is the problem, When I inserted a PAL copy of Mario Strikers Charged, The Wii asked to take an update in order for the software to be run. My Wii is running on 3.2U software which is a later version of what Strikers wants to install. My NTSC-U copy plays fine. A PAL copy of De Blob also wants to update my system... My NTSC-U copy runs fine.

I recently burned a NTSC-U Animal Crossing: City Folk and that wants to update to 3.3U I believe.

Im too scared to click the OK button, Maybe it won't update and just cancel out?

Im confused, With the block updates option turned on, Shouldn't the disc be recognized without asking to update or Do I have to click OK on the update prompt and it won't update?

Thanks

2. Gamesphere
    OP

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Internet Lag, Delete this extra topic please. Thanks

3. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    whatever you do. Dont do the update [​IMG]

4. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Load it with GeckoOS and skip the update....

-Kitt050383

5. Rocco Savadgie

Member Rocco Savadgie GBAtemp Regular

For starters, Wiikey firmware 1.9g and 1.9s run the discs at 3x speed. Roll back to 1.9b for 6x speed. Use starfall to block updates and geckos to get around the 001 error.

6. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    so does that mean 1.9s causes the chppy vids in ssbb coz of drive speed?

7. AdamBrunt

Member AdamBrunt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

As far as I know, it is impossible to run SSBB (a legit copy or a 'full', dual-layer DVD, backup) on a Wii with a WiiKey v1 at all unless the WiiKey is running 1.9s

I thought 1.9s was released because the WiiKey couldn't read dual layer DVDs properly.