Hacking Wiikey Basic Questions

koolmoed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching for days to try and figure this out. Thanks in advance for everyones help....

I have a wiikey with v1.9s. It plays all my older backups with no problem, SSMG dual layer, Mario Galaxy, etc.
I want to play my backups of sports resort and Madden NFL10. I have an old homebrew loaded 0.7 but never really use homebrew.

My basic scenario is:
I just want to load DVD-R backups from the same region and play old and new games on the wii. Nothing fancy with Virtual Consoles, old GC games, etc....

Questions for all the smart ones in the forums:

1) Can I just upgrade with the nintendo 4.1 / 4.2? Will my old backups and new backups work, I don't really need homebrew?
2) What is truncha signed, If i only play retail games, and backups of them, do I need to worry about this?
3) Is the 1.9s wiikey ok with the 001 and 002 problem? or will i need a wiikey2?
4) It seems most people keep 3.2U for homebrew capability, then use bootmii, and wanikiko for 4.1 functionality, with Gecko OS to load discs ans IOS's. -This seems very complated based on what I want. I do not want to load the games from homebrewm worry about IOS's... Do I need to do all this work if I have a wiikey.

Thanks So much, I think these answers will help a lot of folks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy