Hacking Wiikey 2 vs soft mod.

Xellos2099

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got some question on wiikey 2 vs soft mod. I was looking to a trade for a wii modded with Wii Key 2. I learn that it can play normal backup without issue, but I got some question. Does it support usb hard drive loading? The seller mention a recent update complete destroy his HBC but backup still load fine. And the SD card loading look complicated with need of addtional hardware Wiikey Fusion SD Card Reader. Finally, is the software hack better or the wiikey 2?

In addition, he want to charge me 150 for the modded system, but I ordered a black wii bunlde with goldeneye classic for 200 but it is not shipped yet...

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xellos2099 said:
I guess the only advantage is I can direct boot gamecube game as new system can't play GC game yet.
what? unless the wii has a D3-2 drive, than you can play GameCube games just fine with a softmodded wii, just not through usb. and if I remember correctly, even hardmodding a wii wont "fix" D3-2 drives.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Xellos2099 said:
I guess the only advantage is I can direct boot gamecube game as new system can't play GC game yet.
what? unless the wii has a D3-2 drive, than you can play GameCube games just fine with a softmodded wii, just not through usb. and if I remember correctly, even hardmodding a wii wont "fix" D3-2 drives.
Not a problem since a wiikey can't go on a D3-2 drive.

I use both. I rather use disks for games so I don't confuse the misses, but I usually grab scrubbed images to save bandwidth. Pretty much need darkcorp to handle every scrubbed image out there (through the disk channel), and the wiikey just ensures that I can always run backups at full speed (and GC backups, I think... never tried).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans