Hardware WiiKey 2 config/update disc

Niklas_101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the WiiKey 2 config/update disc work without a Gamecube controller?
I just ordered a chipped Wii, and the first thing I was planning on doing was running the disc, but since I don't have a GC controller and don't really want to buy one just to use the disc I might have issues.
I read that the update part of the disc is automatic, and that the config part could be controlled by the reset button somehow, is this true?

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya all you do is use the buttons on the Wii itself. It's kinda weird, like you hold the reset button to change a setting or tap it to go to the next setting. It tells you what to do.

BTW, before putting in the config disc, I was told to insert an original game from my region to setup the chip. Do that first
wink.gif

Niklas_101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mcjones92 said:
Ya all you do is use the buttons on the Wii itself. It's kinda weird, like you hold the reset button to change a setting or tap it to go to the next setting. It tells you what to do.

BTW, before putting in the config disc, I was told to insert an original game from my region to setup the chip. Do that first
wink.gif

Don't the modders usually do that? If not, will Wii Sports work, it's the only original I'll have right away, seeing as it comes with the console and all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?