Hacking WiiJManager Multiplataform (Windows/OS X)

zon7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiJManager is a WBFS manager for OSX, Linux and Windows. Basically it's a GUI for WiiMMS programmed with Java.

With it you can copy games from WBFS partitions to ISO/WBFS/WDF and viceversa.

Currently it works in both OS X, Linux and Windows.

It's been tested in Mac OS X 10.6 (still no time to find a machine with 10.5), with Ubuntu 9.04 and Windows XP SP3. If you find any problem (no drives showing or other problems) just ask here or PM me with the log.txt generated by the tool.

WiiJManager Windows
WiiJManager04.jpg

WiiJManager OSX
WiiJManagerOSX04.jpg

As I plan it, when I have it in a more stable way (solved proxy problems and a few things more), I'll post the source code, but not till is done cause now it's a little mess
tongue.gif

In windows just open WiiJManagerWin.exe. In OS X and Linux just open WiiJManager.jar (or java -jar WiiJManager.jar)

Changelog:
QUOTE said:
Version 0.8
-Preliminary support for linux. I think I've solved most of the problems.
-Support for exporting to Sneek. The sneek folder within the game directory must not exist. If not, it' won't work.
-Updated wwt to 0.42
Known Bugs:
-On OSX it ask you twice when you select a folder. I'll solve as soon as I have some time on a Mac later today.

Version 0.7.3
-Solved an issue with rdisk in OSX.

Version 0.7.2
-Solved an issue with rdisk in OSX.
Version 0.7
-Added rescan button
-Added resize window
-Updated to Wiimms 0.40 (Support for --sections)
-Replaced spaces in folder names with "_" for better support in OS X and linux (next release).
-Solved throwed exception when updating list.
-Minor bug fixes.
-Next release will bring Linux support.
Version 0.6.1
-Drag & drop was not working on OS X.
Version 0.6
-Added copy between WBFS partitions.
-Added option to drag games into tables
-Fixed problem with opening folder in windows.
-Solved minor issues.

Version 0.5.3
-Added sorting to tables
-Solved a problem with incompatibility with older versions of java (now is 1.5 compliant).
-Removed the requirement of the game being into a folder.
-Added a log to monitor errors (outputs log.exe in the program folder).
-Changed the default open dialog to be more os x friendly.
Version 0.5.1
-Solved a problem with the code not running in both OSX and Windows machines.
Version 0.5
-Added support for proxies (http proxies with/without authentication), as is the only type of proxy I have access.
-Solved some problem with directory and naming issues (spaces, semicolons and interrogation in names) like "Legend of Zelda : Twi...".
-Joined the OS X and Windows code, so now (and as long as I have tried) it works ok in both systems.
-Some other minor bugfixes I don't remember.
Feel free to make requests and to post problems, doubts.

NOTE: LINUX SUPPORT IS PRELIMINARY
Download Version 0.8

Old Versions:
Version 0.7.2
Version 0.7.1
Version 0.6.1
Version 0.5.3
Version 0.5.1

Note: This are testing versions and are not fully implemented. Due to this, some errors can occur.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this it looks good, I have been having problems with WBFS manager 3.0.1 recently when extracting ISO to burn on a disc it doesnt do it properly and the result is an unusable ISO with missing info even if i put it back to the HDD its corrupted and wont play, this should be a welcome addition

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
zon7 said:
Wiimms:
I've finally had time this weekend and I have finished the "GUI" for Wiimms.
It's posted in this forum. Check it and let me know if you want something
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=214002
Nice and good for many others. My wish list is very small (http proxy support) because I will stay on powerful command line. I have written some scripts around wwt+wit for maximum automatism, but I will play with the GUI too.

The results of my first tests are hang ups because of the missing http proxy support.

zon7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimm said:
Nice and good for many others. My wish list is very small (http proxy support) because I will stay on powerful command line. I have written some scripts around wwt+wit for maximum automatism, but I will play with the GUI too.

The results of my first tests are hang ups because of the missing http proxy support.

Yes, I have the same problem at work. But it's not a hang up, but a long timeout when requesting an image (around 10-15 seconds). I'll add the proxy config as soon as posible.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
@zon7

And remember: I'm able to spent an option (e.g. --gui) for machine readable outputs. Just ask for it.

Example:
Code:
# wwt list --gui
id=abcd12
name=disc name
title=title db
size=1234
itime=2010-03-06 12:34.54
mtime=...
END

id=xyyyzz
or

Code:
[ID6]
name=...

[ID6]

zon7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've uploaded the OS X version. I've tested the main functions but had no time to test it all today.
As for the proxy, I'll implement it tomorrow, solving the problems with the program hanging when retrieving an image.

Go to the first post to get the download links.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
@wiimm:
I think it's time you tackle the file fragmentation issue with wwt on windows. It has been discussed before, but on windows to prevent fragmentation one has to pre-allocate the files. I'm pointing this out again, because with the existence of a gui i guess this will become a popular way to create .wbfs files, but in contrast to wbfs - fat and ntfs do get fragmented so appropriate measures have to be taken to prevent it. wwt in it's current form is not the best choice to create .wbfs file on fat/ntfs that would be played directly by a usb loader. In fact the only reason I kept on developing wbfs_file even though wwt is much more powerful is because it does prevent fragmentation. The code changes required to handle that are minimal, but I guess you would need to switch compiler from cygwin to mingw, which might be problematic.
On the other hand, a quick work-around the problem is to create these files on a local hdd first and then copy them using windows explorer to the external usb hdd, in this way files will not be fragmented.

Oh and another thing I remembered, a while ago i looked at the .wdf format for the possibility of playing it directly from the usb loader, but unfortunately in it's current form it is not suitable because data is not sector aligned. If I recall, the header is about 64 bytes long and then followed immediately by data. I would suggest to increase the header size to either 512 bytes or maybe even to 4096 bytes since this is becoming a popular sector size...

zon7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again. I've uploaded version 0.5 with the following changes:

-Support for proxies (http proxies with/without autentication), as is the only type of proxy I have access.
-Solved some problem with directory and naming issues (spaces, semicolons and interrogation in names) like "Legend of Zelda : Twi...".
-Joined the OS X and Windows code, so now (and as long as I have tried) it works ok in both systems.
-Some other minor bugfixes I don't remember.

You can retrieve it in the first post of this topic.

As always. Feel free to post problems and requests.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended