WiiGSC safe for wiiu?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Bu2d85, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Bu2d85
    OP

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    I really like the idea of having individual forwarders for my wii games but is this program safe to use on the wiiu? I know that forwarders work differently in vwii. Also there are a few games that can cause banner bricks and as far as i know there is no brick protection for the vwii like bootmii or anything similar.

Also, does anyone know if this will also work for gamecube games if I am using nintendon't and usbloadergx?

2. Gomza

Gomza Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    It works only with wiiflow forwarder. There is few games causing banner brick (Mario party 9, a boy and his blob and few more) Wiigsc 1.06 know it and will not make forwarders for them. However I strongly recommend you to install your games forwarders on Wii with banner brick protection on it (Priiloader) and only after that on Wii U

3. Bu2d85
    OP

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    If anyone was wondering wiigsc worked great to make wii game channels. I used usbloadergx as my loader and Have not had any issues. It uses all of the settings from usbloader like force ntsc and which ios to load games with.

I still have not found a way to make channels for GameCube games. Wiigsc shows the isos as invalid. I did see another thread to make channels with dios mios but I need something for nintendont. Anyone have any suggestions?

Another thing, if it had not worked and I banner bricked my vwii would formatting the wiiu fix it? It is just a channel and formatting erases the channel right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice