WiiFTP Files seem corrupt.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by leonhart83, Jul 13, 2009.

Jul 13, 2009

WiiFTP Files seem corrupt. by leonhart83 at 7:11 AM (1,295 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. leonhart83
    OP

Newcomer leonhart83 Member

Australia
    Hey Guys,

I don't have an easily accessible card reader on my PC so I really liked the idea of WiiFTP. The only thing is that I am finding that when copying over certain files (VC & Wiiware or other installers including USBGXForwarder) they all seem to have an error. I have to then setup my laptop to use the card reader.

I know this sounds like not a hard task but I would like to get this working correctly. I am pretty sure that my wifi connection is fine any I have dumped about 10 gamecube games with no problems over wiihttp. I also haven't had any issues with disconnects etc from playing online.

I am not sure what version I am running, but has anyone had this issue?

Has anyone got this working?

Thanks,

Micky.

2. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Never heard of WiiFTP. Try using Ftpii. It's very recent and is updated often

3. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    What he said...

I used to have to use a digital picture frame to transfer files to my SD card because my internal card reader packed it in on my desktop. I am now using FTPii and it works awesome! I can connect to the wii thru FTPii and upload/modify/delete files on the SD card at whim, without having to remove the card. Very handy feature... Be careful you don't mess around with the NAND files, as it could be hard to restore anything you delete here.

As a side note; I had difficulty getting access to FTPii thru Internet Explorer on both my PC and laptop. I have not had any problems with Firefox whatsoever. I recommend an addon called "FireFTP" if you do use firefox.