WiiFlow v4.0 Release

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by FIX94, Aug 26, 2012.

Aug 26, 2012

WiiFlow v4.0 Release by FIX94 at 9:01 PM (3,825 Views / 5 Likes) 17 replies

1. FIX94
    OP

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    So yea hello everyone, you see that right, here is some update for you, and this time its really badass :D
    Because they are too many changes from the previous revision I will list the features you now have in 4.0, thats the easiest thing:
    -Booting Wii games from SD, USB, as partition you can use FAT32, NTFS, EXT2 and WBFS
    -Use Savegame Emulation for Wii games, that means no need to use real NAND for most wii games to save on
    -Boot GameCube games, with the help of DIOS-MIOS Lite, DIOS-MIOS or Devolution, for DIOS-MIOS (Lite) just install its wad, for Devolution just put the loader.bin from the source package into your device:/wiiflow folder and set your games to boot via Devolution :)
    -Boot Wii Channels, you can boot them via either your real NAND or emulated NAND, currently the emulated NAND only works from USB, the SD support is broken for some reason, you can boot them via wiiflows internal loader or neek2o
    -Boot Homebrew, no matter which Homebrew Application you boot, wiiflow supports them all ;)
    -A Plugin System, that means you can play NES, SNES etc directly from wiiflow using these plugins (see the downloads section for the most up-to-date package)
    -A really cool design thing, Banner support! WiiFlow will automatically load and cache them, you also can create custom banners, see the new wiiflow folder structure, the names are self explaining, both ID6 and ID3 is supported ;)
    -FINALLY, background music works for everyone and is as stable as it was never before, both mp3 and ogg works, and it goes through subfolders to find it
    -A new boot animation, it looks pretty awesome and you guys will hopefully like it
    To all the minor things:
    -You can use ocarina cheats in both Wii and GameCube games
    -You can return to wiiflow with installing the forwarder channel and set return to WiiFlow in global settings
    -You can download covers for Wii games, Gamecube games and for some emulator roms
    -You can still use themes of course, also switching themes works fine from now on
    -You dont need to use d2x only anymore, you can boot wii games via d2x, waninkoko and hermes cIOS just fine
    -You pretty much dont need a cIOS at all if you want to play Gamecube, Homebrew or Plugin games, wiiflow runs via IOS58 and AHBPROT as well, only Wii games and NAND emulation need one
    -You can run WiiFlow from real NAND, neek2o and Dolphin-Emulator (if you compile it for Dolphin)
    -You can play and install both Wii and GameCube games directly from disc
    -You have a home menu where you can reload cache, read wiiflows help, exit wiiflow, see the about screen, enter the settings,...
    I think these are the MAIN features which are important to mention, they are alot of more, find out for yourself whats all inside :)
    Thanks a bunch to the whole team, that release is by FIX94, OverjoY, Fledge68, Yardape8000, entropy, xFede, Drexyl, and of course thanks to everyone who contributed something, I would like to mention all but that list would get too long :P
    You can get it on the Official Google Code SVN of WiiFlow.
    For support, news and WIP stuff come to:
    https://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/
    Have fun with this release! :)

5 people like this.
  2. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    This might make me switch from GX loader to WiiFlow. CFG was fine for me, but then I wanted NAND emulation so if WiiFlow has better support than GX I'm switching.

3. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    Wiiflow is so awesome its mind-blowing. Kudos to everyone who had put time into it.

4. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    I just noticed you have 2 wiiflow code.google pages??? Wouldn't it be easier to just combine the two? Well that's my two cents lol.

OK I noticed you said WiiFlow will run under any environment including neek2o does that mean you have successfully made an app that can detect which environment your running w/o loss of options of mess ups? Oh course you have great job!

5. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Looks like I'm leaving GX and going to this...I'll give it a test drive tomorrow and see what it's like :D

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    amazing update. anything the dev has in mind more than this. really hardworking i must say.

7. kylster

United States
    Hey I got another question :)

How do the plugins (emulator) function vs retroArch?

8. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Wow. Ive always considered Wiiflow a close second to CFG loader...

9. Walker D

Member Walker D I have a hat

Brazil
    I may finally give it a try :P

10. FIX94
    OP

Germany
    They are combined now, as you can see I merged the changes. Also the second SVN is for the beta testing stuff only, the normal wiiflow svn for final release revs which work pretty stable.
    Exactly, you got it ;)

11. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Do you need something special for Gamecube ISOs to work? Wow, I didn't even know this was possible...

12. wiismodrome

Member wiismodrome flubber

Seychelles
    Why doesn't Wiiflow have a built in egg timer? My eggs keep burning....

13. Allura

Newcomer Allura Member

Canada
    I am very noob to this whole porcess. I bought my second wii second hand and it was pre-modded.. So i haven't done anything to it minus backing up the nand file and uninstalling the twitter app. so now I want to upgrade to this new version of wiiflow. I want to be able to play Wii, GC games, and possible some of the emulation stuff you mentioned. How do I go about doing this and installing Dios Mios Lite?

14. kupo3000

Member kupo3000 GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    I only have one issue. Somehow the forwarder changes wiiflow to create another ini setting on my hard drive and not load from the sd card. When it does that it can't load covers from the sd card.. To get around that I erase anything wiiflow related from my hard drive and load from homebrew channel.

15. FIX94
    OP

Germany
    You may check out this guide and this guide.
    Interesting, some people have it the other way around :P I still was not able to properly get the forwarder to use AHPROT thats why it may fails. If it makes the settings on usb, you could simply change the ini to use sd, open it up and you will see you can control all folders in it.

16. kylster

United States
    Hey maybe I'm the only one having this problem but I'm using WiiMod to install your forwarder channel for WiiFlow but the channel never shows up & WiiMod says it installed successfully.

EDIT: Tried using MMM also and still it gives "successfully installed" message but no channel.....

17. Allura

Newcomer Allura Member

Canada
    I updated my wiiflow. I deleted the previous wiiflow folder and then extracted the new wiiflow into the apps folder. I used to have the channel main screen now it is gone. How do I use the loader for the new wiiflow?

18. Damian666

Member Damian666 Coder from Hell

Netherlands
    you guys proberly are installing the hidden channel Wiiflow needs to use returnto option, its not a forwarder or channel in the traditional sense.

just go to the wiiflow wiki, and there are posted forwarders that do work normally :)

Damian