Hacking WiiFlow Themes

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been making this little theme concept since last night. I finished doing the artwork, now I need to code it to a functional theme. However, I'd like to know how can I make these two bars I have in the picture below to stay there all the time, not just when pointed at?

6saq83.jpg

I'm not really anywhere near completion, just started. If someone helped me with this problem I'd be grateful. I see the Wii Menu theme accomplishes this by drawing them to the bg also, but I'd like to use a better solution, if possible.

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Anyone working on this theme? If not, I think I'm going to turn it into one.

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
This is the [member='fledge68']'s Default.ini that includes [member='mastershoes']'s emuflows for his cover collections
I don't know which revision it officially starts working with but this weekend's WiiFlow-mod release and certainly anything over r400 would work with it.

so here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fb11e3b80dw23ar

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Back on the main thread, [member='fledge68'] posted this:

WiiFlow themes and Source menu packs. If you don't like them then don't use them. Read the README's for more info.

http://www.mediafire...snfxl7wz4bswaew
These are slightly different from the previous post on google source - they include mastershoes emuflow 4:3 edits and some minor changes. I'm hoping newbies will use the source_menu.ini in the AbdallahTerro folder since it matches Fix94's plugin pack.

According to googlecode,
Code:
use #2 for SNES/N64 and #6 for gamegear and all gameboy games.
do this by setting emuflow=2 or emuflow=6 for each of those buttons in the /wiiflow/source_menu/source_menu.ini file.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I made a slight modification to the default theme from the previous post.

Coverflow #1 in that version is the same as Coverflow #7 in the default theme from GoogleCode
I personally liked the old #1 better than the old #7 so I put it back. (so in this version, the old #1 is the old #1. The old #7 is not included.)

I also had always wanted the back of the boxes to be white instead of gray when there was only a front cover
so I took the old PNG compiled into WiiFlow off of GoogleCode, changed the back to be white and incorporated it into the theme.

I can't take much credit for this since it's just the flows from [member='mastershoes'] that [member='fledge68'] added in to what he already had and some stuff from GoogleCode.
I just copied, pasted and painted white but here it is:

http://www.mediafire...94vc5lze5nxqayb

For anyone interested.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
androdlogo.png

# Theme Name : ANDRO!D Theme For Wiiflow r418+
# Created by : pepxl
# Date Released: 19/4/12
# Version : v2 Support for extra buttons
#
# Notes:

# 1. If popping or scratch sounds occur during Hover, Click or Scroll
# then remove all references to *.wav.
# 2. This is an first initial release so some elements maybe missing or incompete,
# if so hit me up on Temp or #wiiflow-mod and i'll do my best to fix it.

mar11201220h03m08s.png

mar11201220h03m31s.png

mar11201220h03m40s.png

mar11201220h03m59s.png

mar11201220h04m39s.png

Download Link Or at Spiffy360
http://www.mediafire...njfnupjpb8kg87r
Love the simplicity of your Andro!d theme pepxl. Besides making a cool Wiiflow loader based on your theme, ever thought about possibly using another Android-esque font for your theme? Perhaps something like this? http://www.dailyfree...oid-Nation.html

I am using this font at the moment: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=540765&d=1299961469 and I think it looks great based on the Droid phone OS. :)

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been making this little theme concept since last night. I finished doing the artwork, now I need to code it to a functional theme. However, I'd like to know how can I make these two bars I have in the picture below to stay there all the time, not just when pointed at?

6saq83.jpg

I'm not really anywhere near completion, just started. If someone helped me with this problem I'd be grateful. I see the Wii Menu theme accomplishes this by drawing them to the bg also, but I'd like to use a better solution, if possible.

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Anyone working on this theme? If not, I think I'm going to turn it into one.

Yes me.
Benjay and me have taken this theme since roku93 posted this message.Benjay left Wii scene and I didn't updated it since. The Last update was January 9 2011. Yes I know, it's old but WiiFlow were not compatible with themes ,so I had stopped working on it and to come here but I'm always on irc if someone wanted or wants to talk about theme with me or can mp me here.

fledge68 updated some themes to be compatible with latest rev ,but it's not a real update. Themes doesn't correspond at all to the original.
I think that all themes, by flegde and other themers, are not really themes ,they are just a skin. Just the images are changed ,no work are done on the effects or for a real presentation. I do not criticize ,I think that it's just 'sad' that no more work were done on themes. They are many little effects bugs that nobody found it because themes uses the effects of the code source and they are invisible with this effects.
To fledge68: Sorry for being furious in the other post ,I understand some part of your decision to publish your modifications of the themes but I was really angry because your have not updated but totaly modified (and less attractive) my themes (and certainly the other) and you deleted some part of the credits. This being done and this is not an inconvenient for anybody else me ,I will put things in order by releasing the original version of StarNight and Orchid but this take times because I try to fix some theme bugs too (no no I'm not a coder).
(My english is not so good so be sure that I say this with sympathy)

StarNight is almost finished and i'll work on Orchid after. That will be faster for Orchid ,now that I have identified all syntax and bugs.
To release StarNight ,I prefer that a bug is corrected with nand screens (i'll add an issue on google code) and I want a favor for plugin and categories screens. It's possible to speak about it with you fledge ?

Have fun !!

Reactions: 3 people

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you [member='jiiwah'], this sounds like great progress and hopefully [member='Fledge68'] and yourself can work together. The "skins" are a great temporary solution since most users didn't seem to want to use the default theme while Wiiflow is still beta and WIP, so I hope you understand we appreciate his efforts to give us something since Wiiflow is still probably far from a final build. Yet I understand your standpoint on the technicalities of a pure theme and will definitely love to see your work fully updated :D

I pray this can be the start of a great relationship amongst Wiiflow visual enhancers ;)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
OK there a sneak peak at the revamped ANDRO!D theme which will be scrapped and succeeded by this

holoflowlogo.png

holoflowpeek.png

Working notification bar :P

Updates will follow :)

Reactions: 4 people

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, its actual close to been finished, all bg's are complete for different screen viewed, main selection screen is all complete with icons, buttons and notification drop down to use said buttons(similar to ICS toggles).

Also comes with a single custom coverflow(user can add their own if they want more), I don't feel like creating 15.

All there is to do is the game launch screen, I might do a status bar with selectable buttons for favourite, lock, delete, settings to substitute the notification drop down as all elements are shown once a game is selected by default, which then means you can't see game cover or banner window unless you move pointer off screen, unless if cause I reduce the size of the notibar.

Only problem for creators is that the banner window is only movable via source and not. ini, so people need to work around the box unless the x,y position gets added to. ini for convenience.

Gonna need a few testers in IRC at some point to test run and suggest changes needed, as I.don't have the best TV in the world so a few adjustments maybe needed.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im still on wiiflow 2.2 because i appreciate Orchid Theme to much to go without it ;) Nice to hear a new release is being worked on Jiiwah, its a simply elegant theme.

Sicsuicide

Console Zombie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone would mind to tell me what i would need to up date a theme or send me in the right direction that would be great
as i really like the blackwiimenu or number nine on the list theme but obviosly it doesnt work with r606

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you looking for something more like this?

designb.jpg

Ive made one like that now but i wish someone could make a theme for it. I'll link the info here.

Download here

Here are two screenshots. Showing how it looks

May-04-2012-12h35m49s.png
May-04-2012-12h35m54s.png

I hope you like them! and sorry if i havent used a spoiler thing or something like that, i dont know how to use the code. this is in 4:3 image because of the snapshot tool but it looks better when its on the wii trust me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: