Wiiflow / Loader GX always crashing

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by King DNA, Aug 29, 2015.

  1. King DNA
    OP

    King DNA Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    0
    Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Hey all, these problems are killing me. I have an original white Wii, menu 4.3u, that I'm trying to run some games in with Wiiflow (v4.2.1) and USB Loader GX (v.3.0?) since the disc drive doesn't work good anymore.

    The problem is, both of these programs CONSTANTLY fail to load or work. Wiiflow takes an average of 4 attempts to load into its main menu, most of the time I'll leave the HB Channel and load a permanent black screen, with the Wii Remote disconnected. On the occasions Wiiflow does load it doesn't work. Changing a game's options often results in freezing when backing out. The changes will be saved, but the system will freeze and has to be reset (we've given it a 30 minute waiting time before; nothing changed). The majority of time the system will freeze to the same effect with clicking "play" to start a game. A few times we've gotten a permanent black screen, and slightly more times a loading bar that quickly jumps to ~20% or ~50% and then stops (1 hour waiting time, no change). On one occasion the game actually loaded; we saw the opening cutscene but got stuck in a black screen when we pressed start.

    USB Loader GX would often hang on the "initializing USB" part of its startup, but it hasn't happened in a few days. We still can't load games. When starting one up it will either freeze, go into a black screen, or do nothing...the Wii Remote can still be moved around the screen, but nothing can be pressed. I took this to mean it was loading the game but after 1 hour of waiting there was no change.

    We used Pimp My Wii to install/modify all cIOS's, the Hermes 220-224 ones and the d2x (v8) base (56/57/58? I forget which, but I followed the instructions and let it do the work). Both Wiiflow and Loader GX have had their options changed to automatically use either IOS 249/250, and put on NTCS, and with various forms of NAND Emulation (generally to Off or Full I think) just to see if anything would work. My games are stored on a standard USB 2.0 16GB flash drive formatted into WBFS by Wii Back-Up Manager and the games transferred through the same program.

    I've tried using 3 different versions of Wiiflow to no avail. I'm using version 8 of d2x because I heard v9 was unstable, but now I've read there's a better v10 available...though I don't know how that figures in with using Pimp My Wii. No other program that uses the flash drive (Nintendont) or SD card (any other HB application) or even the Wii's built in memory (any installed channel) fails.

    Thanks for reading, and hopefully having some insight. I could probably post a report log on request, just send me some instructions on where to turn on the option.
     
  2. GreyWolf

    GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

    Member
    4,025
    778
    Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Try a different drive like a physical HDD and don't use the WBFS partition scheme. Flash drives are very iffy for the Wii and WBFS gets corrupted easily.