Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or wiiflow generated it, i didn't have a wiiflow_lite.ini, given the old one does points to usb.
well if you use a clean install of wiiflow v5.5.0 the paths are all set to use the same device where your apps/wiiflow folder is. if you don't have sd card inserted then your apps/wiiflow can't be on SD and neither can the other directories.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well if you use a clean install of wiiflow v5.5.0 the paths are all set to use the same device where your apps/wiiflow folder is. if you don't have sd card inserted then your apps/wiiflow can't be on SD and neither can the other directories.
See I am checking and the previous wiiflow_lite created on the 31st of last year has the same issue paths pointing to the SD, not usb.
And I haven't been using an SD for a long while, wonder what's causing this.

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I have a problem, so in wiiflow + plugin - real nand when I click the empty box icon and enter the settings to download covers, most of the missing covers do not want to download at all?
e.g. I have something like this: wii / cover / EN / SNTX.png
wii / cover / other / UNEO.png etc ...
Only there is no wii folder in my sd card? I don't know how to properly set it up, I downloaded the covers for the missing programs from
GameTDB I tried to put them in boxcover and covers, set downloaded covers, but they do not appear despite refreshing the memory of the cache
ew someone has a ready package with all covers and could somehow help? :)

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

rancedl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow freezes when I try to start it up. I had an older version that worked. Remodded and it still worked fine. But I was trying some different hdd's (seagate, ntfs) to get more space, with no luck. So went back to my 1tb MyBook, fat32 and did one more mod to make sure I didn't mess up any settings. When I tried to start WiiFlow it would kick me back to the Wii Menu. So I downloaded the updates at the beginning of this thread. Now instead of kicking me out it just freezes. USB Loader GX works fine, and I can just use that, but would like WiiFlow also.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow freezes when I try to start it up. I had an older version that worked. Remodded and it still worked fine. But I was trying some different hdd's (seagate, ntfs) to get more space, with no luck. So went back to my 1tb MyBook, fat32 and did one more mod to make sure I didn't mess up any settings. When I tried to start WiiFlow it would kick me back to the Wii Menu. So I downloaded the updates at the beginning of this thread. Now instead of kicking me out it just freezes. USB Loader GX works fine, and I can just use that, but would like WiiFlow also.
https://github.com/Fledge68/WiiFlow_Lite/wiki/Known-Issues#issue-wiiflow-wont-boot-up

also rename wiiflow_lite.ini to make wiiflow make a new one.

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This sounds like the part of the HTML path where gametdb.com has the cover stored on its server. it is not a folder/path on your SD or usb device.
check this out for issues downloading covers - https://github.com/Fledge68/WiiFlow_Lite/wiki/Known-Issues

what is SNTX? i can't find it on gametdb.com
Thank you, I will check these SNTX it was for snes9xtx as I tried to download the cover in wiiflow this was the path displayed

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I will check these SNTX it was for snes9xtx as I tried to download the cover in wiiflow this was the path displayed
ok so you are trying to download covers for apps installed on your wii's system menu (real nand).
a lot of those don't exist. SNTX doesn't exist on gametdb.com. wiiflow tried to find it on gametdb using that path but it wasn't found. if a cover is found you should see 'Saving...' and 'converting...' if not then wiiflow can't find it an moves on to the next. that's why it tells you downloaded 2 out of 4 when finished.

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ok so you are trying to download covers for apps installed on your wii's system menu (real nand).
a lot of those don't exist. SNTX doesn't exist on gametdb.com. wiiflow tried to find it on gametdb using that path but it wasn't found. if a cover is found you should see 'Saving...' and 'converting...' if not then wiiflow can't find it an moves on to the next. that's why it tells you downloaded 2 out of 4 when finished.
And I understand that, thank you so much

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You helped a lot, I took out the sd card and after turning the console off and back on, the covers appeared as normal thanks :lol:

Reactions: fledge68

jayteef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the process of installing Rhapsodii Shima for the first time over a fresh install of WiiFlow (v5.5). Only hitch is that I’m not sure where the updated rhapsodii shima.ini file from a couple pages back is meant to go. I see two existing ini files, one in wiiflow>themes_lite, and another in wiiflow>themes_lite>coverflows. Which rhapsodii shima.ini gets replaced? Or both of them?

gooface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question... idk what I am doing wrong but when I try to update my wiiflow lite version, the version number doesnt change in the menu/settings page... mine is stuck at 5.4.6... what am I missing? I even tried deleting the wiiflow folders and copying over just the new ones and it still says that...

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question... idk what I am doing wrong but when I try to update my wiiflow lite version, the version number doesnt change in the menu/settings page... mine is stuck at 5.4.6... what am I missing? I even tried deleting the wiiflow folders and copying over just the new ones and it still says that...
are you launching wfl via priiloader on wii startup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey