Hacking WiiFlow Lite

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I don't know what's going on, but in the usb loader gx the game works normally when I start it in wiiflow the same message appears every time how can I fix it e do I have to set something in wiiflow?
So, returning to my problem, everything was solved by information for other people with a similar problem.
Select the game that causes the problem -settings ,, cogwheel ,, - go to emunand and change from default to off thanks

Reactions: fledge68

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would like to know where to set in wiiflow settings so that Wii games return to wiiflow after completion to select another game and not to the wii menu? gamecube games when I finish clicking home, they come back to wiiflow right away, thank you.
:)

NewHorizon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I was attempting to run a homebrew port of Just Dance Unlimited Party in Wii Flow. The game required that I install Base 38 into slot 222, which I did but the game still wouldn't work. Someone else pointed me to CFG USB Loader because this particular homebrew required a setting not available in WiiFlow. The setting in question was the ability to force slot 222 -mload. That solved the problem in CFG USB Loader but I prefer using Wii Flow. Any chance this functionality could be added? I have no idea what -mload is but since it allowed the game to work in CFG USB, it would be great to have it in WiiFlow as well...or some other work around would be fine too.

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello! I was attempting to run a homebrew port of Just Dance Unlimited Party in Wii Flow. The game required that I install Base 38 into slot 222, which I did but the game still wouldn't work. Someone else pointed me to CFG USB Loader because this particular homebrew required a setting not available in WiiFlow. The setting in question was the ability to force slot 222 -mload. That solved the problem in CFG USB Loader but I prefer using Wii Flow. Any chance this functionality could be added? I have no idea what -mload is but since it allowed the game to work in CFG USB, it would be great to have it in WiiFlow as well...or some other work around would be fine too.
I will just ask and did you try to check how things are in usb loader gx? it is newer and more up-to-date compared to CFG USB Loader

NewHorizon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will just ask and did you try to check how things are in usb loader gx? it is newer and more up-to-date compared to CFG USB Loader

Hello, I did attempt to use USB Loader GX but it doesn't seem to support running the games off of SD card, which is how I have all my games stored.

Just to make sure I'm being clear, my issue is with Wii Flow. CFG USB Loader worked correctly and allowed me to force the -mload setting I mentioned above. Hoping there is a way to add this setting to Wii Flow or some other work around that achieves the same outcome.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NewHorizon

Using WFL, select your game "Just Dance Unlimited Party" but do not start the game.

After selecting your game a Box will come up in bottom right corner, Click on Settings (Wheel) icon...

Now your are in Page 1/5 Settings
IOS = 222

Press back
Press Play

Your game should boot up now.
Hope this works.

Guitar Hero
Call Of Duty
Just Dance
SpongeBob Boating Bash
Worms Battle Islands

Just to name off top of my head all require specific cIOS.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

NewHorizon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@NewHorizon

After selecting your game a Box will come up in bottom right corner, Click on Settings (Wheel) icon...

Now your are in Page 1/5 Settings
IOS = 222

Press back
Press Play

Your game should boot up now.
Hope this works.

Thank you for your reply. I should have been more clear in my first message.

I have been using the steps as you suggested above, however WiiFlow does not allow me to choose between
ios=222-mload and ios=222-yal , which apparently some games require. I can do this in CFG USB Loader but the option is not available when I cycle through the available iOS's in WiiFlow. I don't know if there is a way I can edit this into the WiiFlow program files myself or if it would need to be added by whoever is maintaining WiiFlow.

Regardless I would much rather use WiiFlow as it works with all my other games and I like the program.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thank you for your reply. I should have been more clear in my first message.

I have been using the steps as you suggested above, however WiiFlow does not allow me to choose between
ios=222-mload and ios=222-yal , which apparently some games require. I can do this in CFG USB Loader but the option is not available when I cycle through the available iOS's in WiiFlow. I don't know if there is a way I can edit this into the WiiFlow program files myself or if it would need to be added by whoever is maintaining WiiFlow.

Regardless I would much rather use WiiFlow as it works with all my other games and I like the program.
Presumably you tried 222 with wfl and it failed? 249? 250? 251? Slots alone mean nothing though, we need to see what you have installed, can u post a syscheck? The current recommended 249-251 should be able to play 99% of games. It's pretty unlikely that there isn't another cios that can play this game.

Please post a syscheck,
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Oh and something else you could try is disabling all the patches, no return to, no pixel patch or deflicker or anything like that. Probably won't make a difference for this game, but some, like just dance 2, require these steps (at least currently), so worth a shot.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Presumably you tried 222 with wfl and it failed? 249? 250? 251? Slots alone mean nothing though, we need to see what you have installed, can u post a syscheck? The current recommended 249-251 should be able to play 99% of games. It's pretty unlikely that there isn't another cios that can play this game.

Please post a syscheck,
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Oh and something else you could try is disabling all the patches, no return to, no pixel patch or deflicker or anything like that. Probably won't make a difference for this game, but some, like just dance 2, require these steps (at least currently), so worth a shot.
this is a crazy mod which requires hermes cios base 38 because the size of the game file is bigger than what d2x cios allow. or d2x verifies the size but hermes doesn't. I don't quite understand it but here's a link where its discussed alot, cyan gives a lot of info.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-with-starting-a-game.563537/

it seems wiiflow may be lacking something to properly use hermes cios for this game, as it is reported to only work with USBLGX and config loader.

NewHorizon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is a crazy mod which requires hermes cios base 38 because the size of the game file is bigger than what d2x cios allow. or d2x verifies the size but hermes doesn't. I don't quite understand it but here's a link where its discussed alot, cyan gives a lot of info.

it seems wiiflow may be lacking something to properly use hermes cios for this game, as it is reported to only work with USBLGX and config loader.

Yes, exactly. I'm able to choose between either ios=222-mload or ios=222-yal in CFG USBLoader, iOS 222-mload being the hermes cios base 38. I don't know if wii flow could be made to support this type of selection but if it could it would be greatly appreciated. I have only recently ironed out all the kinks with my wii setup for the kids so having to run a separate special loader just for this one game is a bit much.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
As a temporary workaround, maybe try wii game shortcut creator (formerly known as crap). You should be able to set up a forwarder channel to launch the game directly from the main system menu, and iirc 222-mload was an option (at least back in the day with the older crap)

https://wii.guide/wiigsc.html

Reactions: RunningSnakes

NewHorizon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a temporary workaround, maybe try wii game shortcut creator (formerly known as crap). You should be able to set up a forwarder channel to launch the game directly from the main system menu, and iirc 222-mload was an option (at least back in the day with the older crap)

Thanks for the workaround. :) I am going to wait awhile to see if perhaps WiiFlow can get this functionality

Reactions: XFlak

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wanted to ask about an interesting observation, so I like to turn on cheat codes in games from time to time and, for example, some games download codes in wiiflow correctly and others show a download error and what does it depend on? and if anyone has or knows where / where I can get all the wii, ngc, vc codes
:D

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any way to not use vwiinands but nands as the folder for the emunand on a vwii? I have an emunand in a usb drive which is shared with a real wii, and renaming isn't a very comfortable solution.
I could use usbloadergx on the wii and point it to vwiinands, but WFL is my loader of choice, seems the most polished.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?