Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know if there is a detailed breakdown of all the features and functions in Wiiflow. I can't seem to find all the info I'm looking for. Considering making a user manual for Wiiflow.

Reactions: Gaming4Ever

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How about being able to sync wiimotes within Wiiflow? Can we have that, at least?

there is no way todo that in ANY homebrew whatsoever. Also if you didnt know I work alot on nintendont right now so I dont do that much on wiiflow right now. If you dont know I tried working on bluetooth already on nintendont and I was at a point where I noticed that there is _not even a handler_ for the sync button so there is no information whatsoever on what to do when you press it, so dont expect that in a LONG time, the whole bluetooth code is really confusing overall thats why nintendont doesnt have bluetooth right now.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no way todo that in ANY homebrew whatsoever. Also if you didnt know I work alot on nintendont right now so I dont do that much on wiiflow right now. If you dont know I tried working on bluetooth already on nintendont and I was at a point where I noticed that there is _not even a handler_ for the sync button so there is no information whatsoever on what to do when you press it, so dont expect that in a LONG time, the whole bluetooth code is really confusing overall thats why nintendont doesnt have bluetooth right now.

While we got you here, just a hypothetical...is it a giant feat to add something like a cloud emunand? like make it part of the startup routine. check the SMB share containing the backup saves and compare it to the USB or SD emunand and copy only the newer files? since you have ftp coded in there, i assume there is some network code already similar to this.

my kid erased some save data (like my perfect game in Wii bowling :blink:) luckily i made a back up once with showmiiwads and restored from it. i know you are busy i'm not asking for it, i actually wouldn't mind taking a peek at the stuff to see if its copy pastable code, i just want to know what you think about the difficulty.

just in case i didn't explain well -
Wiiflow starts -> checks SMB for save data -> compares to save data on USB or SD -> copies data to SMB if USB or SD is newer.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OverjoY Til now, I've only used neek2o for certain wiiware games, since I wasn't able to get gamecube games to boot. Now I'm fiddling around with it again, and still having the same problems. I grabbed a fresh setup from modmii, set up the emunand. I can boot gamecube games from the Neek overlay menu, but when I try the same game from wiiflow in neek mode, it says Fatal error apploader size is zero. What do I need to do to boot gamecube games from wiiflow in neek mode?

Seanbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm Seanbb
Congratulations for this beautiful app!
I just updated my wiiflow at the latest build.
Now there are some new features.
But I have some questions...
- Can I play at GC games without installing Dm? I cannot select the GC mod at the source screen. (when I click on the GC button appear the word "exit")
- Can wiiflow chooses mios in Automatic before playing?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm Seanbb
Congratulations for this beautiful app!
I just updated my wiiflow at the latest build.
Now there are some new features.
But I have some questions...
- Can I play at GC games without installing Dm? I cannot select the GC mod at the source screen. (when I click on the GC button appear the word "exit")
- Can wiiflow chooses mios in Automatic before playing?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

You can play gamecube via nintendont or devolution without installing an MIOS. Wiiflow can auto choose the MIOS to install, check out Abz Masterpiece pack, google is your friend there.

Reactions: Seanbx

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
One thing is seriously driving me away from this, and that is cheats limit.
You can only choose from 25 codes even if the text file has more, and only the first 25 appear, leaving a huge part of the txt out of it.

Seanbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can play gamecube via nintendont or devolution without installing an MIOS. Wiiflow can auto choose the MIOS to install, check out Abz Masterpiece pack, google is your friend there.

Ok thanks for the informations.
I have an Another question
If I select the nintendont mode for playing at gc games Wiiflow needs the nintendont in the "apps" folder?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can only choose from 25 codes even if the text file has more, and only the first 25 appear, leaving a huge part of the txt out of it.
25 codes? wow, i can't even think of 25 cheats i will use at the same time.
Aren't you a bit over reacting?

Seanbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes device:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol
Thanks
Now My Gc games works but wiiflow auto install DM.wad before the loading.
I choose the nintendont mode but wiiflow prefers DM.

Why I cannot launch games from Wiiflow using nintendonts?

PS: Nintendont works alone (HBC)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
Now My Gc games works but wiiflow auto install DM.wad before the loading.
I choose the nintendont mode but wiiflow prefers DM.

Why I cannot launch games from Wiiflow using nintendonts?

PS: Nintendont works alone (HBC)

Did you change the setting for the game?

Either change the default setting to Nintendont and leave the game setting to default OR leave the default setting to something else and change just the game setting to Nintendont.

I normally leave my default to Auto MIOS and change the individual game setting to Nintendont as I prefer Dios Mios but Nintendont is slowly trying to become my default launcher!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
The only reason I would need that many cheats would be to play Project M ( or other smash mods) through WiiFlow with USB loading which isn't recommended anyway. Just use WiiFlow to play most games when u want to use cheats. I can't imagine having to play every game with 25+ cheats.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only reason I would need that many cheats would be to play Project M ( or other smash mods) through WiiFlow with USB loading which isn't recommended anyway. Just use WiiFlow to play games when u want to use less cheats. I can't imagine having to play every game with 25+ cheats.
Yeah I know that 25 cheats at the same time is a bit too much, but when you need that many for games like Project M, and also some cheats have "chains" to them (that means you must activate 2 or 3 before the one you want for it to activate properly), the codes stack up and that gets annoying XD.

I will try creating dfferent txt files or reducing the codes to only those I use the most.

Seanbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you change the setting for the game?

Either change the default setting to Nintendont and leave the game setting to default OR leave the default setting to something else and change just the game setting to Nintendont.

I normally leave my default to Auto MIOS and change the individual game setting to Nintendont as I prefer Dios Mios but Nintendont is slowly trying to become my default launcher!

Thanks;)
Now I can play my Gc games with no problems.

regards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday