Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
okay ive had success after re reading fix94 post lol thanks guys i think its quality :) is there a way to use the same THP file with all the roms on the 1 selected source? only reason i ask is because its gonna take up alot of room say if i want 200 roms to have the same THP and have to use 200 copys of the same THP lol

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply i did have a mess about to see if i could work it out but no joy. but now you say about the magic numbers could you give me an example plzzz. sorry to be a pain

example: my sega master system.ini is set like this

[PLUGIN]
magic=53454741

wiiflow/trailers/53454741.THP
wiiflow/boxcovers/master system covers
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=master system covers
fileTypes=.gen|.md|.smd|.sms|.gg|.sg|.zip|.iso|.bin
romDir=master system roms
dolFile=genplusgx-mod7.dol
bannerSound=Sega_MasterSystem.ogg
displayname=Sega Master System
consoleCoverID=sega
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}|{loader}

and my THP file is named 53454741.THP in the trailers folder

i guess its on the to do list then??

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been requested so it's certainly not on the to-do list unless fix 94 says so lol, but I think that he might have it in mind. This is brand new and very beta so it's nice to have as many people to test as possible to move forward confidently.

Reactions: Onanghy

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what Abz is talking about, where you can use a magic number to assign a THP to a set of roms. I'll try r1062 and check on the strange language issue today, I havent had a chance to test it yet.

from your post i kinda had the impression you were implying that it was already possible!!! my bad.

It's been requested so it's certainly not on the to-do list unless fix 94 says so lol, but I think that he might have it in mind. This is brand new and very beta so it's nice to have as many people to test as possible to move forward confidently.

and ye was hopeing fix would give an/his answer

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
anybody having weird language issues in 1062? after updating today some games like "NFS the run" are running in japanese (menu + soundtrack)! even after deleting the settings files.
back to 1054 and all worked fine!!
No language issues on my end w/r1062 neither language or soundtrack for NFS: The Run, I left the settings the same as I always have, basically made no changes. I'll try out a few more games when I have some more time, did a quick run with r1062 today, it was feeling pretty good.

SilentFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody having weird language issues in 1062? after updating today some games like "NFS the run" are running in japanese (menu + soundtrack)! even after deleting the settings files.
back to 1054 and all worked fine!!

Hey ABZ! First of all I wanted to say thanks for making that super pack for WiiFlow. I really would have been lost without it. So I updated my softmodded wii using ModMii and was excited to try Wiiflow (had been using USB Loader GX for the past four years). I originally tried 4.2.1-final-r1056 and the coverflow was awesome and everything looked gorgeous but for the life of me I could not get it to launch any games. It would black screen every time for both Wii Games and WiiWare stuff that worked fine in USB Loader GX. So naturally I tried the latest beta which at the time was r1060. It launched games perfectly, but every other time wiiflow booted i would get stack dump errors or the sytem would jsut hang. Then I stumbled upon your post and decided to try r1054. Games launched and no stack sump errors... but some of my games (Donkey Kong Country Returns is the only one I can think of off the top of my head) were in Japanese and the Wii Menu was in Japanese while in those games as well. I almost gave up but the latest beta (r1062) just came out so I gave it once last go. It's worked flawlessly for the past 2 days! It's really weird that we both had the Japanese text issue on different revisions. If anyone else is having any issues with a Wiiflow I highly suggest trying as many revisions as you can to find the one that's most stable for you.

I have to say, Wiiflow is amazing! It's given my system new life. Thanks Fix and everyone else who contributed! One question though. Is there any option to hide games that don't have covers? I have about 200 WiiWare/VC games without covers and it would be a little impractical to hide each one manually.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated wiiflowiki theme page. hopefully everything works like it should.
Page looks great, really liking that it's looking thick with compatible themes, nice job Fledge68, also a huge thanks to all those involved in making WiiFlow feel and look great in so many different ways.

I have to say, Wiiflow is amazing! It's given my system new life. Thanks Fix and everyone else who contributed! One question though. Is there any option to hide games that don't have covers? I have about 200 WiiWare/VC games without covers and it would be a little impractical to hide each one manually.
Welcome to WiiFlow Silentfish, I'm really glad to hear that your enjoying what it has to offer :D. On another note, I can't believe I never though of a feature to hide covers! It's such a great idea, and would save me from having to put so many games that I don't have covers for in different folders on my HDD. If FIX94 could find a way to implement this easily it would be fantastic, I imagine it would be off by default so you can d/load covers for whatever game you want, and have an option in WiiFlow.ini to hide games with no covers. Does anybody else find this feature usefu or how it could be implementedl? What are your thoughts?

I almost gave up but the latest beta (r1062) just came out so I gave it once last go. It's worked flawlessly for the past 2 days! It's really weird that we both had the Japanese text issue on different revisions. If anyone else is having any issues with a Wiiflow I highly suggest trying as many revisions as you can to find the one that's most stable for you.
Honestly, it's crazy to think that people should have to keep trying different beta's until they find one that works for them, it's not right and definitely sure it's not what any of us would want to have to do for setups. I would love to be able to recommend r1060+ so far as a stable build but I'm not sure what's going on with the language settings, I'm going to try out more games now, but so far I haven't run into that problem. Maybe something is not getting set properly by default?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I almost gave up but the latest beta (r1062) just came out so I gave it once last go. It's worked flawlessly for the past 2 days! It's really weird that we both had the Japanese text issue on different revisions. If anyone else is having any issues with a Wiiflow I highly suggest trying as many revisions as you can to find the one that's most stable for you.

Honestly, it's crazy to think that people should have to keep trying different beta's until they find one that works for them, it's not right and definitely sure it's not what any of us would want to have to do for setups. I would love to be able to recommend r1060+ so far as a stable build but I'm not sure what's going on with the language settings, I'm going to try out more games now, but so far I haven't run into that problem. Maybe something is not getting set properly by default?

The purpose of these beta's is to make wiiflow more stable and try out new things.
If the beta is ready (by doing a lot of testing and tweaking) then there always is an official wiiflow (not MOD) release.

Newcomers should always be pointed to the official wiiflow releases first in my opinion.
Beta's are....well beta's, the word says it, which also means, use at own risk (or replace with: might not work for you).

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
The purpose of these beta's is to make wiiflow more stable and try out new things.
If the beta is ready (by doing a lot of testing and tweaking) then there always is an official wiiflow (not MOD) release.

Newcomers should always be pointed to the official wiiflow releases first in my opinion.
Beta's are....well beta's, the word says it, which also means, use at own risk (or replace with: might not work for you).
I agree, which is why I said it would be silly to have to try out so many beta's if you're a newcomer who want's to try out WiiFlow lol, however sometimes I do feel there's a beta that's even more stable than the official release lol. Good point though, I should have stated that it would be best for people to stick to official release builds.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r1060 work well for me. Except that covers seems to reload everytime i'v scroll my game in certain mode (like it doesnt want to load more than 40 covers at once on screen.

Look for this line in the ini:

cover_buffer=20

You can have WiiFlow buffer more but you may run into memory issues with too many.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
made some more updates to the thp stuff, heres the changelog to it:
-plugin videos now need to be in subfolders if you have "coverFolder" for the ini set
-plugins now also play videos which have the magic number as name if no specific video was found
-switched from libjpeg to the turbojpeg wrapper from libjpeg-turbo to simplify the whole jpeg decoding code by alot
-heavly optimized the video decoding code
and the dol itself:
http://fix94.no-ip.org/wf_revs/boot_r1065.7z
for the people who dont know how to create thps heres a link again to my converter:
http://fix94.no-ip.org/WiiflowVideoConverter_v2.zip
you need to provide "THPConv.exe" by yourself and put it into the "bin" folder for it to work.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody has random black screen issue? Sometime after the loading bar of the wii game showing, i got blackscreen. I restart the Wii U (go on Vwii) and start the same game and now it load the game well. Its pretty random. It is a HDD issue? Its a seagate 1.5 TB portable with a Y cable 2.0

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i havnt tried loading many games yet. i did notice its a little buggy at the moment. i will try out some more tonight. i did also notice when using the thp.file with my plugins it worked. but only with using a magic number ( 1 thp for selected plugin). when i tried to do add thp to my dvd plugins it would not work (i didnt try the magic number. i tried for single roms/dvd and it wouldnt find it). either way still great work guys ill have another play around tonight

also 1 bug i had noticed and its no biggy. but i have background music playing in wiiflow. when i click on a rom that uses a thp.file it plays the thp but then the background music gives abit of a jump around for a few seconds

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so! r1065 couldnt boot wii games or channels anymore and I gotta say this time it was some serious problem, the memory of wiiflow itself and the external booter were overlapping BUT I actually could solve it by creating a tiny program which can be put into another memory location which basically has the purpose of copying the external booter into its right place :)
http://fix94.no-ip.org/wf_revs/boot_r1066.7z

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety