Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

enemywithin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RC1 working good for me so far. Nice job! Only strange thing I noticed was a shaky Wiiflow busy screen when a game is loading. Also, I tried "use_grab = yes" and didn't notice anything. What does it do?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
jservs7 said:
Nice work on the new RC1 release Wiiflow team.
smile.gif
Now Call of Duty: BO works perfect using cIOS 249 Base 56. (As long as you change the game settings to use an IOS that's 57 based
biggrin.gif
)

I noticed the new loading screen too. Maybe Benjay and other's who make forwarders can remove the loading screens from their forwarders so there's no overkill? (Just a suggestion!)

I'm the one who made that new loading screen
wink.gif

Removing the loading screen of our forwarders could be done , but then you would get a black screen instead , and i prefer to let people now that something is happening , rather than let them believe it's freezed , because of the black screen.

PS : sorry for the strange syntax of my previous sentence , don't know if you see what i mean lol , but i'm a bit tired tonight and it's hard to find the good words....
No I understand. I just thought removing the extra loading screen would speed things up. Very nice new loading screen BTW.
smile.gif

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
thx!
all things considered, is the preferred wiiflow set up to use wiiflow249 and cIOS249v20[56]?

I'd like to hear the opinions of a couple ppl if possible! Thx!

Can't believe no one answered you «, lol
biggrin.gif

To be honest, i'd advise you 19b57....flow is smoother and you virtually load everything except guitar games.
The other setup, 20b56 is nice too..however rev20 kinda slows the flow (imo)....so i got with first option...

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
XFlak said:
thx!
all things considered, is the preferred wiiflow set up to use wiiflow249 and cIOS249v20[56]?

I'd like to hear the opinions of a couple ppl if possible! Thx!

Can't believe no one answered you «, lol
biggrin.gif

To be honest, i'd advise you 19b57....flow is smoother and you virtually load everything except guitar games.
The other setup, 20b56 is nice too..however rev20 kinda slows the flow (imo)....so i got with first option...

I suppose I'll throw my 2 cents in too. Myself I use 249 19b38, and have 20b56 installed to 250. Use all music games through my 250 slot then because it can read DLC on SDHC cards. I know I could do away with that if I had 20b56 installed to 249, but I like the silky smooth flow of 19.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually the coverflow in cios20 has been smoothed out so its no really sluggish now. Yes the recommended cios 249 is 20b base 56, and 57 in 250, if you ask me. As for the shaky please wait im gonna fix that in a minute, it was a last minute change to try and clear up the freezing issue.

cerebr_al

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spidy1000 said:
cerebr_al said:
@Benjay, thanks for the reply.

Since my post, I've played around with MMM 13.4 and found that I've a number of CIOS' installed - I'm a n00b so I guess that occurred using IOS236 installer online via NUS.

Anyways, I've got Waninkoko's CIOS249 v17 and 250 v65535 - I've tried both with Wiiflow (with their matching boot.dols), with same (no), result.

I notice whenever I boot up I'm on IOS61 v4890 - is this normal?

I also have CIOS236 v 65535

If you do not use triiforce, try updating to wanins ciosx rev19

@ Spidy1000, I installed rev 19 and with the new version of Wiiflow it worked!! woot!
yaywii.gif

Many thanks.

I'm going to go through all my games tonight and see if they all work.

Just one question? does the .bca file for NSMB go in /wbfs with all the games or elsewhere.

Also am planning to use Gecko OS to update IOS for 4.1+games but is there anything else (save me downloading it), can MMM do it?

Final question, is there a forwarder for the latest wiiflow somewhere on this site?

cheers,

Edit: Just tried SMG2 and Epic Mickey - no need to update anything, latest revs work like magic. Thanks r-win, mugotu and all who helped.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cerebr_al said:
Just one question? does the .bca file for NSMB go in /wbfs with all the games or elsewhere.
In /wiiflow/codes/bca, I think. You can always check wiiflow.ini for the correct path.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
I noticed the new loading screen too. Maybe Benjay and other's who make forwarders can remove the loading screens from their forwarders so there's no overkill? (Just a suggestion!)

Looking for a forwarder with starnight animation please, yea and what jservs7 said

edit: instand freeze after lading screen in wiiflow - load from channel wasd and dol method

the 2.2 beta worked fine. currently using 2.1.

Did install cios20 (for cod bo) so not sure if that has anything to do with it

how to find out what cios etc is being used?

pal wii
wiikey 1
ntfs hdd

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, been waiting for this release. how do i use port 1? i use it with usbloader gx under hermes. do i need anything or do anything for it to work?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mat03111984 said:
Hi, been waiting for this release. how do i use port 1? i use it with usbloader gx under hermes. do i need anything or do anything for it to work?
You need to use ciosx 222, 223 or 224. I'm not sure about the base ios, but I think it's confirmed working with 37 or 38. Wiiflow will automatically switch port.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how come my titlesdump.ini and wiiflow.ini files does not display all my wii games?

I have Wii, VC, WiiWare games on a HDD and only some of the Wii games show up under WiiflowConfigurator. Am i doing something wrong cause i would like to put these in catagories w/o having to do every single one from the wii.

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really digging the latest release. It has frozen a couple times but that was when I was powering up and down a lot testing, hasn't had too many problems during actual use. On another note, have you ever thought about adding an option to hide the delete button in the wiiflow.ini? I know it does this if you activate the parental code, but I like being able to switch options for individual games without needing to enter a passcode. Keep up the great work!

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
mat03111984 said:
You need to use ciosx 222, 223 or 224. I'm not sure about the base ios, but I think it's confirmed working with 37 or 38. Wiiflow will automatically switch port.

wow thanks. give it a go now

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
how come my titlesdump.ini and wiiflow.ini files does not display all my wii games?

I have Wii, VC, WiiWare games on a HDD and only some of the Wii games show up under WiiflowConfigurator. Am i doing something wrong cause i would like to put these in catagories w/o having to do every single one from the wii.
titlesdump.ini isn't created anymore, I think. Wiiflow.ini doesn't contain any games. My bet is that you didn't start fresh...

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ganons said:
Looking for a forwarder with starnight animation please, yea and what jservs7 said

Removing the splash screen from a forwarder won't make it load faster.
The splashscreen is displayed during the loading time.
There may be 0.1 sec more to load the picture , but not more.
smile.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some small issues where found, including a video glitch in the wait animation. Therefor, revision 304 is uploaded as the new RC 1. Thanks go to mugotu for fixing these issues.

As always, you can get it HERE.

Also, we'll be adding a new 2.2 pack in the next 30 minutes, with 11 (ELEVEN!) themes. Be sure to check out our new themes: Orchid (by Benjay and Jiiwah), Chriistmas (by Kovani) and the Black and White theme (by Drexyl).

Be sure to check those themes out, and give thanks to those creators! A lot of time was spent creating these awesome themes! Also, be sure to check the wiki and download the music for the Chriistmas theme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs