Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know i've clicked on my link several times and it works. the link in your post however just reload the page for me. weird

FYI, another new version of HBC just came out 1.0.8.

I tried to install for the home brew channel doing an update and wiimote didn't initialize. Did some reading and ran the new ios58 instller by tantric and then the new v0.8 hackmii installer initialized the wiimotes.

Posting just in case people are updating HBC and have issues.

ST75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
As promised here is the THP Video Converter. If not signed up on wiifanart.com yet, please register.

Wiifanart THP VideoConverter Link

Thank you for this program. I was wondering how difficult it would be to add in an option to normalize and then amplify the audio before it constructs the thp file. Also is there an option to batch create files? I have been using a program called Super C to rip the wav and jpg's then I have been taking the audio and using audacity to normalize a batch of all THP's I am going to create. Then I found that if i amplify all the wav's by 5db that is about the same volume that the banner sounds use (so I don't have to keep turning the volume up for trailers). Your program is easier than the way I was doing it (less user interaction) but it would be perfect if there was a normalize and amplify option and a way to batch multiple files so you could just set it up...let it do 40 or so...then just rename and copy to HDD.

Either way...it is still a fantastic program and I thank you for this contribution.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ST75 said:
mgrimmenator said:
As promised here is the THP Video Converter. If not signed up on wiifanart.com yet, please register.

Thank you for this program. I was wondering how difficult it would be to add in an option to normalize and then amplify the audio before it constructs the thp file. Also is there an option to batch create files? I have been using a program called Super C to rip the wav and jpg's then I have been taking the audio and using audacity to normalize a batch of all THP's I am going to create. Then I found that if i amplify all the wav's by 5db that is about the same volume that the banner sounds use (so I don't have to keep turning the volume up for trailers). Your program is easier than the way I was doing it (less user interaction) but it would be perfect if there was a normalize and amplify option and a way to batch multiple files so you could just set it up...let it do 40 or so...then just rename and copy to HDD.

Either way...it is still a fantastic program and I thank you for this contribution.

I'll have to look into the amplify option and normalize stuff. As for the batch processing I was already thinking of this. I'm thinking of adding to the next release the ability to select covert file or directory. If converting a directory you would place all your video files in a directory and the program would create a thp file for each in that same directory similar to how it works now.

The other options will take some research on my part and I have been very busy lately. I will see what I can do though.

ST75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
ST75 said:
mgrimmenator said:

I'll have to look into the amplify option and normalize stuff. As for the batch processing I was already thinking of this. I'm thinking of adding to the next release the ability to select covert file or directory. If converting a directory you would place all your video files in a directory and the program would create a thp file for each in that same directory similar to how it works now.

The other options will take some research on my part and I have been very busy lately. I will see what I can do though.

I think the idea of create file or choosing a directory is fantastic. The normalize and amplify is not really that huge of a deal. I have just noticed that when I took youtube trailers the volume levels were all over the place from file to file and almost all were at a noticeably lower level than the banner sounds from the (wiiware) games I have experimented with so far. I would turn the sound up for the trailer...then back down after it was over...then back up for the next games trailer...so forth and so on. I look forward to following your progress with this cool app. If there is any non technical research I could be of any help with please feel free to ask.

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone find out a theme issue on Wiiflow_r125.126.127?
About this, someone comments in google code.
http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/issues/detail?id=280#c4

In carbonik and starnight theme, wiiflow shows code dump error, but not in default theme.
This theme issue does not cause on r123 following.
In order to fix this issue, should I wait until the fixed version of Wiiflow or themes?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ricerobo said:

In carbonik and starnight theme, wiiflow shows code dump error, but not in default theme.
In order to fix this issue, should I wait until the fixed version of Wiiflow or themes?

have you updated your themes for R122 and up, if you update to beta versions of WiiFlow you may also need to update themes incase there are added elements

check spidy1000's FTP for updated themes

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Press the minus button on the Wii remote if you got a revision higher than 104.
wink.gif

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Wiiflow THP Video Converter coming soon.

I have added new code to modify the audio. You will now be able to increase the audio volume from 0-100 louder than original volume. I am also working out the ability to convert a single file or an entire directory. I have finished the coding on the audio but have not add the code for the directory stuff yet. Will try and get it out this week.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Wiiflow THP Video Converter is ready for download. Please let me know if any issues.

Changes v1.4
- Add volume increasing option from 0 to 100.
- Added version info to title.
- Added ability to drag n drop multiple files or select multiple files from the open file dialog for batch processing.
- Hide the command windows during conversions
- Added conversion progress display

Wiiflow THP Video Converter

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I updated my cIOS (249, rev20) and Wiiflow tonight. Everything works fine except the transition animations when flipping through all the games are not as smooth as they were. Wiiflow sort of "hangs" for a moment when selecting the next game. Does anyone have an idea what causes this? cIOS rev20?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gitkua said:
I updated my cIOS (249, rev20) and Wiiflow tonight. Everything works fine except the transition animations when flipping through all the games are not as smooth as they were. Wiiflow sort of "hangs" for a moment when selecting the next game. Does anyone have an idea what causes this? cIOS rev20?

rev20 causes this, WiiFlow is not 100% compatible with rev20 yet. Rev19 is reccomended until 21 (assuming it fixes problems 20 has)

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skater4599 said:
gitkua said:

rev20 causes this, WiiFlow is not 100% compatible with rev20 yet. Rev19 is reccomended until 21 (assuming it fixes problems 20 has)
Thanks for the (amazingly) quick reply
wink.gif
I'll downgrade cios!

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
mgrimmenator said:
New Wiiflow THP Video Converter is ready for download. Please let me know if any issues.

Changes v1.4
- Added ability to drag n drop multiple files or select multiple files from the open file dialog for batch processing.

Are you considering a linux version of THPVC ?? Since it seems to use mplayer maybe it can be done. Even WINE can't run it right now
frown.gif

Pip'

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
mgrimmenator said:

Changes v1.4

Are you considering a linux version of THPVC ?? Since it seems to use mplayer maybe it can be done. Even WINE can't run it right now
frown.gif

Pip'

I'd have to re-write in c++ and do alot of testing. Have you tried running this using mono? It is build in c# right now so maybe that'd work.

Try this link to get MONO

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
ricerobo said:

have you updated your themes for R122 and up, if you update to beta versions of WiiFlow you may also need to update themes incase there are added elements

check spidy1000's FTP for updated themes
Thank you for your good advice.
The issue is the same result in the latest themes for R122 and up(WiiFloWIKI).
On the other hand, this issue is fixed in the old themes for wiiflow_v1.1.
In the latest version of Wiiflow, r128, this isuue is fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i'm writing an essay about a poem (i had to) and i chose one about death, so i decided i'd drop...